★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SEGA
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.6 MB
  • Version: 5.3.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Cast earth-shattering spells and smash Death Adders armies in SEGAs fantasy classic Golden Axe!

Its back! Epic fantasy classic Golden Axe is now available on mobile! Play free and rediscover SEGAs ultimate hack n slash masterpiece.

The tyrannical Death Adder holds the people of Yuria to ransom, threatening to destroy the fabled Golden Axe and unleash a new era of terror on the world. Only three brave warriors: a barbarian, dwarf and Amazon warrior stand in his way. From the ransacked Turtle Village, to the halls of Death Adder himself cast legendary spells, combat terrifying hordes, ride the back of a colossal eagle, and bring peace to Yuria once again!

Golden Axe joins the ever-increasing line-up of SEGA Forever, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!

SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- SAVE YOUR GAME PROGRESS
- OFFLINE PLAY
- GAMES RELEASED TWICE A MONTH
- DOWNLOAD THEM ALL
- MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE COMING SOON

RETRO REVIEWS
Oozes addictive action. [92%] - Les Ellis, Raze #3 (January 1991)
SEGA's most triumphant walkalong and kick 'em out the way game. [91%] - SEGA Pro #3 (Christmas 1991)
Lots of fast action and scantily clad men with muscles are combined to produce an excellent game. [86%] - Mega Drive Advanced Gaming #3 (November 1992)

GOLDEN AXE TRIVIA
- Makoto Uchida, the games primary developer, was also responsible for Altered Beast, another SEGA Forever classic!
- The Chicken Leg Bizarrian you can ride also appeared as an enemy in Altered Beast!
- Remember if an enemy is charging at you, stand next to a cliff edge and they may end up running straight off the edge!

GOLDEN AXE HISTORY
- The game was originally released in 1989
- Developed by: SEGA
- Designer: Makoto Uchida
- Lead Composer: You Takada

- - - - -

Privacy Policy: http://www.sega.com/mprivacy
Terms of Use: http://www.sega.com/terms

Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.

This game may include Interest Based Ads (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect Precise Location Data (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information)

SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Golden Axe, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
08-30-2017, 03:54 PM
Thanks! ��One of the greatest games of my youth
Getting it now
I was in Portland Oregon this past weekend and found a vintage arcade and this was one of the games I played also T2 and turtles in time

Last edited by Dailon80; 08-30-2017 at 03:58 PM.

08-31-2017, 06:56 AM
Oh FINALLY! Golden Axe is the one game series I really wanted to come back through Sega Forever ever since it got taken off the appstore.

Game Center: Jenohart
08-31-2017, 10:41 AM
Send a message via AIM to Oats Send a message via MSN to Oats
Freaking loved this game as a kid!!!
But it is so hard to do the much needed reverse attack with no physical buttons 🙁
08-31-2017, 12:40 PM
Plays well enough, though it's annoying you need to be signed into gamecenter to save and if you're online then it takes longer to save due to synching to the cloud.

Game Center: Jenohart

Last edited by Jenohart; 09-01-2017 at 03:01 AM.
08-31-2017, 01:30 PM
Oh yes, worth it just for the soundtrack alone.
09-01-2017, 08:56 AM
Button lag is slower than the genesis and thus frustrating. My opening also lagged out. Ads next to start button. What's next, golden axe freemium currency extra lives?
09-01-2017, 04:26 PM
I'm getting such bad lag on the IPhone 6s+ running the latest iOS 10.3 update.

I am not paying for a lagfest.

Billy
09-02-2017, 07:52 AM
Hopefully not too late here....I have found, as a general rule of thumb, that doing a hard shut down on your phone will usually get these Sega games to play much better. Had this issue with Shinobi and a hard reset did the trick.

EDIT: And wow I forgot about the Dolf Lundgren warrior character from the box art....which totally contradicts the brown hair of the warrior in-game....gotta love old school Lol

Last edited by chief78; 09-02-2017 at 09:32 AM.
09-02-2017, 03:25 PM
I've also found putting my phone in airplane mode helped a bit (no background ads loading I guess?)