★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Any good jigsaw puzzle?

12-31-2008, 10:52 AM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
Any good jigsaw puzzle?

I'm currently trying to find a good jigsaw puzzle that is able to track and save your progress, has nice user interface and graphics, huge board size, can use own picture from photo library and do not lag/crash.

Through 15 minutes of searching I found these:

- Jigsawed Jigsaw Puzzle
-> Able to track and save player puzzle progress. Completed puzzle will be marked.
-> Able to use own photo.

- Giant Jigsaw
-> A nice twist that no other jigsaw game offered - 3D!
-> Huge board size - 180 pieces
-> Low memory issue? The updates stated that this problem had been fix. Need confirmation.
-> Am I be able to use my own picture from photo library? Huge concern here. If it is possible I think I might get this.

Can anyone comment out those colored in RED? Thanks.
12-31-2008, 12:01 PM
There was a free one from Puzzoodle at Halloween that I played. It was pretty good. The puzzles were big but you worked on sections at a time. It looked very professional. Jigsaw puzzles aren't my thing, but I was absorbed by it for a couple hours.

12-31-2008, 03:35 PM
I remember that I looked for a game like this some time ago. My vote goes to Jigsawed.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
12-31-2008, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
I remember that I looked for a game like this some time ago. My vote goes to Jigsawed.
agreed, Get Jigsawed. It's good.
12-31-2008, 05:21 PM
Yes I have Jigsawed I'm not really using it much though waiting till it has "show edge pieces only" option just like all the Hudson Nintendo DS and other jigsaw puzzles did on DS. Also would be nice to have 2 or 3 cut shape choices for the pieces. Other than that it works well and haven't had memory issues with it.
12-31-2008, 09:05 PM
I've also been looking for a good jigsaw app. Does Jigsawed have a "tray" or similar feature where the pieces are stored, or does it have all the pieces on the screen at once?
12-31-2008, 09:13 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_mani View Post
I've also been looking for a good jigsaw app. Does Jigsawed have a "tray" or similar feature where the pieces are stored, or does it have all the pieces on the screen at once?
Are you talking about the tray they have in Tangram Puzzle Pro?

Oh, and isn't there a video jigsaw puzzle? I remember it had a picture of a giraffe in the screenshot, but I don't remember what it was called...

[Edit] Just found it. It's called Fliparoni. Is that even a jigsaw puzzle? For some reason, I always thought it was...

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-31-2008, 09:32 PM
I just purchased Giant Jigsaw and I think I'll just clarify some of the features here:

- You can use your own picture from your photo library, however, the size of the puzzle is only 4x4 (16). I wish the developer can include a variety of size though.
- For puzzle size that is bigger than 4x4, you work by section. More puzzle pieces will appear once you complete a section.
- It's in 3D. The environment is nice.
- Rotating and zooming feature looks promising. You rotate by tapping a piece. Double tapping to zoom in/out.
- Replay video that shows your progress for your completed puzzle. Not in real time but plays at a faster frame rate.

I do notice that my battery drain faster when playing this game. Perhaps the 3D engine has to do with it? Besides, when using your own photo, it might take a couple of seconds (5-15) to render the jigsaw pieces.

Overall I think this game is good, except the battery drainage. I will consider Jigsawed later on.
12-31-2008, 09:34 PM
Just one question for jigsawed, do you work in section for giant puzzle (size greater than 4x4?)
12-31-2008, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
Are you talking about the tray they have in Tangram Puzzle Pro?

Oh, and isn't there a video jigsaw puzzle? I remember it had a picture of a giraffe in the screenshot, but I don't remember what it was called...

[Edit] Just found it. It's called Fliparoni. Is that even a jigsaw puzzle? For some reason, I always thought it was...
I've tried a couple of jigsaw puzzle apps. But it was a while ago and I can't remember what they were called. The problem I had with them was they were either way too easy (a board that was 8x8) and or they had all the pieces on the board at once. You had to try and sort through them all. I seemed to spend most of my time picking up the pieces and moving them around as I tried to see the board and find pieces to fit on the board. There was no off screen tray or border that you could park pieces on. I found it a real pain in the rear!

Fliparoni looks really interesting. I liked the video demo on their website. And that you can adjust the level of difficulty by changing the settings. I've added it to my list of apps to buy. Thanks!