★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Hero and Castle is an Action Adventure Game combining castle exploration and platform jumping.

The Hero needs to go through the barriers and light up all the rooms to unveil the secret hidden in the ancient Castle.

The game is developed by Sunlight Games, a small indie games developer in China. Its highly praised by the players.

"Every little boy dreams of being a hero. Only a grown man knows the loneliness of the expedition. Like Hero and Castle, no matter how far the way and how dark the night is, Hero must face the music alone. " - You Ge

"Sparkle of the the torch, flashes in the dark. It reminds me of an old dream from a summer night."

Features:
- Unique aesthetic and original soundtrack
- Over 80 special rooms in the castle to explore
- Diverse crafted levels to challenge
- Tap to jump. Long press to jump higher
- Immerse yourself in the dark castle. No in-app purchase or ads

About indieSky:
indieSky, is committed in assisting independent developers worldwide through publishing, investments, optimizations, and other support structures.

Our goal is to accelerate the creation of innovative games.
09-04-2017, 06:53 AM
This is a really nice platformer/adventure game. For a dollar I found it totally worthy of some attention. Doesn't seem to be really long (reached 25% explored in about 30 minutes) but the graphics, sounds and controls are great on my iPhone 7+

You gain new abilities like double jump and the map is similar to one you'd see in a Metroid game. There are no cluttered UI screens, it's just a clean, straightforward 2D dungeon romp. However, you don't attack but simply avoid traps and press on towards the next new area.

I'm sorry I couldn't find a video to post but there isn't much out there and what is is in Chinese. I hope some of you give it a shot. It really is a nice little game!

Edit: I've explored the main story map to 100% (about 2 1/2 hrs.) and there is a secret that looks like it doubles the size of the map once you've collected enough red gems to open the door at the beginning of the game.

I've explored probably 25% of the hidden map, though percentage progress is only awarded for the main map. The hidden map looks similar to the regular one but I have a feeling you have to complete that to get the real ending. I'm the 21st player (out of 260) to reach 100%.

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 09-04-2017 at 10:53 AM.

09-04-2017, 09:22 AM
Looks/sounds well worth a shot for 1.09!
09-04-2017, 09:27 AM
Any idea if it has MFi support?
09-04-2017, 10:35 AM
Yeah this is fun.

I like the fact there's no enemies and it's just exploration there's a nice atmosphere to it - haven't seen an option for Mifi but the touch controls seem pretty sound to me.

For a quid it's hard to go wrong really
09-04-2017, 11:05 AM
There's a video available on the App Store. Cool game.
09-04-2017, 03:33 PM
Looks like a great game! Just finished Cat Bird so now I'll give this one a shot!
09-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by korkidog View Post
Looks like a great game! Just finished Cat Bird so now I'll give this one a shot!
It's better -- and more of a metroidvania -- than I expected.
09-04-2017, 04:07 PM
It is a decent platformer game. No regret at all.
09-05-2017, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean pierre View Post
It is a decent platformer game. No regret at all.

Great platformer!! Not a very long game, but that's okay. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Finished it today.