★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Chaim Gingold
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "earth-shaking devastation with perfect-pitch in every frantic thumb-press." -- boingboing

"a piece of genius...something to make you smile" -- diygamer

"should be experienced by every gamer...new and fresh" -- TouchGen

"Original; great tilt controls; slick presentation; awesome final boss" -- Slide to Play

"Because Stomping Castles is Fun" -- touchArcade

"totally fun and engaging" -- PocketFullOfApps

"...easy to recommend Earth Dragon just for the fact that stomping on castles and setting fire to archers while holding onto a screaming princess is fun. RAWR!" -- examiner.com

Do what dragons do best: destroy castles, eat people, breathe fire, battle archers & wizards, hoard treasure, and kidnap princesses. Mother Earth has sent you to punish the humans for mistreating her world. Flap, fly, burn, and smash your way through the Middle Ages. Rawr!

Features:
* You: One really cute, really angry dragon.
* Them: Wizards, Archers, Castles, & Cows. One big bad boss.
* Unique accelerometer based flight control!
* 15 Levels filled with mayhem and glee.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcLiE8o3Ef8
(Search for "earth dragon iphone" on YouTube).

If enough people like and download this game, I'm planning to develop free expansions early next year. So, if you like it, please show your friends how fun it is to burn and smash castles to pieces!
10-29-2009, 11:25 AM
I watched a video of this and it looked interesting but pretty simple. I doubt I will spend $2.99 on it but would love to read some impressions if someone else does.

10-29-2009, 11:27 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Ok, just bought it, It's really hard to move the dragon but the game is really fun when you understand how to control the damn thing.

The levels are going pretty fast at the beginning, you'll learn how to fly, how to play the flamethrower, how to destroy buildings and how to avoid arrows.

If you're fast enough, you'll earn ranks.

The graphics are pretty nice and the music is nice too.
The real issue here is the control scheme.
You need to flap the phone to go up and to gently tilt the iDevice to glide down.

To breathe Fire, you just have to touch and hold you finger next to the dragon.

To destroy buildings, you just have to tap on the screen when your dragon is next to it.

It's pretty disturbing tbh and the gameplay isn't smooth.
The ideas are here, the fun is here but you might have issues to navigate the damn dragon

Right now, I'm on the 5th level out of 15 so it appears to be quite short.
It's not as good as Spider (but who expected this to be as good as Spider?) and it might fell short even for early fans (like me).

The concept is here, the game can become a great game if they change the control scheme and put more levels.

Note: 3/5.
10-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Really needs to be a lite version of this game before I think about purchasing.
10-29-2009, 11:45 AM
*adds onto watchlist using appshopper..*

Username for GameCenter, Plus+, OpenFeint, Crystal, Agon, and others: xFinch713x
Xbox Live: ISMFOFinch
10-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFinch713x View Post
*adds onto watchlist using appshopper..*
Ditto.. in this case I'm using BargainBin app with push notification instead on the iPhone
10-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Can anyone else recommend this? $2.99 does seem a bit pricey for this type of game.
10-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to klicktock
I picked it up. Need to play more, but seems a bit thin for the price.
10-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klicktock View Post
I picked it up. Need to play more, but seems a bit thin for the price.
I see it as something of a retro gem -- beautiful and small. I've played through the first 5 stages in about 10 minutes, so unless the last ten get radically longer I don't see this lasting longer than an hour. That said, those 10 minutes were as much pure, unadulterated fun as any I've spent gaming. The level of detail is fantastic (you can even see the tiny little princess kicking and screaming as you kidnap her from her castle), and it's just so satisfying to pulverize the castles and set the archers on fire. The controls are somewhat awkward, but I'm almost certainly it's on purpose --- I really like the fact that at first you're all over the place, but then you get the hang of things can actually direct your path.

I love it; whether you anyone else would is a bit of a crapshoot. For me, this is what Envirobear tried to be, but didn't quite pull off (mainly because, once you stop giggling at the concept, you realize that you really aren't having that much fun). I see no reason why the developer couldn't keep adding levels -- as far as I'm concerned, the formula can work over and over again.

Last edited by squarezero; 10-29-2009 at 06:46 PM.