★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Atomine is a twin stick procedural shooter rogue-lite set in a virtual world with minimalist design, where the player recounts on the screen the real events of STUXNET, the first weapon ever created in the form of computer virus.

In every run the player has to clear the level area from all the enemies in order to unlock the portal to the next level. During the run every killed enemy will leave on the ground XPs, energy and/or weapon modules.

Fast and Fun
Atomine is fast. There are a lot of enemies and you have to kill all of them to complete the levels. But don't worry, you have infinite ammo and a (great) modular weapon system.

Weapon System
In Atomine the player can modify his weapon using special modules that can be find in the game. The modules have effect to specific parts of the weapons: type of bullet, number of bullets, rate of fire and other mutators.

Procedural Generated / Roguelite
During a run, the system can detect the intrusion and modify the game, so player must act quickly!
If the player fails to hijack the counter hacking maneuver, the challenge will become really tough.

Boss Battle
There are not only "small" enemies. Atomine must also defeat big and powerful bosses.

Story
In 2011, Sergey Ulasen, discovered STUXNET, a malicious computer worm, initially spreaded via Microsoft Windows, and targeted Siemens industrial control systems, defined as a sleeping threat, waiting for a trigger to start its activation. STUXNET is the first discovered malware that spies on and subverts industrial systems, and the first to include a programmable logic controller (PLC) rootkit. The worm has been founded infecting especially nuclear power plants and oil drilling systems.

Atomine, like STUXNET, is a virus who needs to get stronger in order to reach and eventually infect and compile itself into the target source code. The electronic voice in the background and many element on screen, tell to the player what's the target of the run.

Features:
- Unique Weapon System: The player can program his/her own Weapon that better fits the personal gameplay style.
- Every run is different and procedurally generated.
- Tons of unlockable items, enemies, bosses and more.

psj3809_2's comments:

Had some trouble finding this, had to search for Broken Arms Games then view their other games and it showed. Hopefully the link above should work fine for you, searching for ATOMINE came up with nothing
09-07-2017, 06:56 AM
This is the one I have been waiting on this week!
Love dual shooters and this one has a very interesting story on top of that, instabuy for sure for me
Will leave some impressions for those who may be interested

09-07-2017, 07:07 AM
i was waiting for this game in this week too

virtual stick controll is enough good but if you have MFi controller, you should play with it and headphone
you would trip to cyber world and never come back lol
09-07-2017, 07:16 AM
Cannot buy it because of IOS 10 requirement.
09-07-2017, 07:21 AM
Thank you so much for the forum thread!
Please note, the game is still under development so except update, especially for the difficulty balance

Sorry for the iOS 10 requirement, but the game is really heavy in drawcall demand, at the moment the game does not perform good on older device

Game Designer @ Broken Arms Games Pty Ltd
09-07-2017, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesHohler View Post
Thank you so much for the forum thread!
Please note, the game is still under development so except update, especially for the difficulty balance

Sorry for the iOS 10 requirement, but the game is really heavy in drawcall demand, at the moment the game does not perform good on older device
Thanks looking forward to playing it! Looks super
09-07-2017, 08:20 AM
This looks great but I have one question:

Are there upgrades / unlocks that carry across games, or is it starting at zero every time?
09-07-2017, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeKhan View Post
This looks great but I have one question:

Are there upgrades / unlocks that carry across games, or is it starting at zero every time?
Yes, every time you die you unlock a new module that you can find during a run.
On top of that you will mine Bitcoins every run, more points, more mining
You can go to the Module market in the main menu and buy new modules.

But as soon you reach the 4 level you will unlock the second player with special weapon.

This are just a couple of things...

Game Designer @ Broken Arms Games Pty Ltd
09-07-2017, 09:01 AM
09-07-2017, 09:12 AM
Got to play it some and loving it
Controls are fine dual shooter style and they react fine for me
The gameplay itself is great and procedurally generated content keeps it fresh
Kind of like binding of Isaac meets Stuxnet