★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best/Favorite Tower Defense game?

09-07-2017, 09:01 AM
Best/Favorite Tower Defense game?

After burning out on the tower defense genre some years back, I find myself getting into it again. Currently enjoying Kingdom Rush Origins, and would appreciate recommendations on best or favorite like titles. And do I really have to pay twice foe KRO? If so, why bother with the Cloud. Saves, I suppose. But, I mean ... sheesh.
09-07-2017, 09:10 AM
TD games that blew me away and ate so much of my time:

Crystal Siege (almost MOBA-like)
Castle Doombad
Over-the-Top Tower Defense

09-08-2017, 12:44 AM
cursed treasure hd
cursed treasure hd 2
demons vs fairyland
09-08-2017, 03:08 PM
Plants vs Zombies
Castle Doombad
Tiny Defense
09-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Alien Demons TD

I love Classic Tower Defense game.Type these keywords on Appstore and I found Alien Demons TD. It'sa solid,well-polished path winding TD with great gameplay. I've been having fun so far and felt that the resurgence of Classic Tower Defense is coming back.

Youtube link | Pop Up
09-11-2017, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentlake View Post
I love Classic Tower Defense game.Type these keywords on Appstore and I found Alien Demons TD. It'sa solid,well-polished path winding TD with great gameplay. I've been having fun so far and felt that the resurgence of Classic Tower Defense is coming back.
YouTube: video
How does it compare to the Kingdom Rush series? (my current addiction)
09-11-2017, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shfrost View Post
How does it compare to the Kingdom Rush series? (my current addiction)
Well, I cannot tell you which one is better but I can list some differences here:
The most significant one is that Alien Demons TD is Classic TD game and there are some others:
1. Alien Demons TD is a path winding TD game, you can lengthen the demons' maze using towers.
2. Invasions in Alien Demons is nonstop that you have to lenghthen maze, build towers and check-out new waves of enemies at the same time, kind of action game haha.
3. The theme and 3D graphics, so obvious.
4. Find it by yourself.
I am into classic, original TD game,path winding game, so I prefer Alien Demons TD but if someone like heroic TD game, kingdom Rush could be the best one.
09-12-2017, 04:14 PM
Liquid Tower Defence
(On Warcraft 3
09-12-2017, 07:39 PM
There is a game from awhile back called "Star Defense" by ngmoco that I really enjoyed. I tried to find it in the App Store but it is gone, however, I can still download it from iCloud...also not sure if it is tower defense but "Anomaly: Warzone Earth" is pretty well polished.