★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ankama
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 173.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0.5
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 3.7 (3)
App description: ROOOOAAAAARRR!
Play as a rebellious teenage DRAGON and burn everything in your path! Roast the neighboring lords and steal their gold in order to amass the greatest TREASURE ever held by a dragon.

Drag'n'Boom offers you a unique mobile gaming experience. The left side of the screen controls your movement: JUMP, FLY, and CHARGE YOUR PREY. The right side lets you spit fireballs: PILLAGE, BURN, RANSACK and all in STYLE!

Hoard gold and unlock new powers. Launch your enemies into the air and perform series of combos, moves, and EXPLOSIVE ROUTINES!

Features/Characteristics
Drag'n'Boom is a fun old-school arcade game combining speed and precision!
Dive into an imaginary medieval universe full of heroes, echoing the greatest arcade and platform games of all time.
Unleash your flames in no fewer than 50 levels and a never-ending world!
The more gold you hoard, the more powerful you become! So what are you waiting for? For it to rain gold!
Take advantage of these powers to strut your stuff with ever more stylish moves!
Blow away your friends' scores with devastating combos!
And don't forget the slow-motion effect, which allows you to shoot with extreme precision.

UltraBanaman's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Hello everyone!

We are proud to bring to you Drag'n'Boom, a dynamic physics based game where you play a young dragon raiding castles to create your treasure. (So you can sleep on it when youre old!).

When developing the game, we tried to create a fast paced shooting game, offering a lot of control through dragging and swiping your fingers on the screen, while still offering ways to properly aim to your target through a slow motion mechanism.

I'm Loc, artist and game designer of Drag'n'Boom (Also worked on King Tongue).
With Romain, we are the team of two behind this game, helped by Pierre-Jean for the music and Grgory for the sound design.

We'll be happy to have your feedback on the game and to discuss about its development if you're interested

Here's a GIF to show you what you can do in the game!
09-12-2017, 09:16 PM
This is pretty dang cool. I haven't seen these mechanics implemented in a game until now. I cheerfully plunked down shekels for this action platforming gem

09-13-2017, 12:17 AM
I only played two levels but dropped the two bucks immediately (though i've not seen an ad). No idea how the game evolves, but the top responsive controls are spot on. And they developped my beloved King Tongue. This game is in the vain of that. Oh, and it's free.

My 2017 GOTY contenders...
Glitchskier, Slayaway Camp, Full of Stars, Steredenn, Arkanoid vs Space Invaders
09-13-2017, 12:41 AM
What is this blasphemy? A mobile game in 2017 that takes a tried and true mechanic to create one of the most unique, well thought-out experiences? HOW COULD YOU!?!?

Literally played the first level and bought the IAP. I'd do it again if I could.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
09-13-2017, 03:12 AM
Any chances of an android version?
09-13-2017, 04:05 AM
So good! I haven't seen this mechanic used before, at least not like this. The controls are superb -- this coming from an old guy who can't usually keep up with agile whippersnappers. Graphics are sharp. Animation is excellent. I would have purchased after playing just one level but I didn't want to stop, so I'm now about to purchase after four levels. But I wanted to stop off here to add an additional thumps up, way up! Good job all around. 👍
09-13-2017, 06:28 AM
Haha I Metal Casket I did the same thing, one level in was all it took to convince me, especially after I found out you could juggle the enemies!
This one surprised me, and is a lot of fun, I have a feeling this is going to be the type of game where I'm sad when it runs out of levels
09-13-2017, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by W8rd3 View Post
Haha I Metal Casket I did the same thing, one level in was all it took to convince me, especially after I found out you could juggle the enemies!
This one surprised me, and is a lot of fun, I have a feeling this is going to be the type of game where I'm sad when it runs out of levels
Yea make survival mode and add skin for the dragon, this game is so damn good
09-13-2017, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terang View Post
Yea make survival mode and add skin for the dragon, this game is so damn good
There is an endless mode I heard, not sure when it unlocks.

Agreed with the general response - thus game is awesome. Great controls, great art, great physics.
You can launch into a slope just right and the momentum will take you just like that old classic, tiny wings.

Later on the levels get more difficult with enemies that fight back (damn those mages!)
The different fireballs you unlock have different effects and physics, and I find new ways to play the same game with each unlock.

Brilliant
09-13-2017, 08:08 AM
Hi!

I'm Romain, the other half of the team. I can't tell you how much your messages and feedback we received so far mean to us!

We are particularly happy how you are enjoying the controls, because when Loc and I started to work on Drag'n'Boom, it was one of the first thing we focused on. And we didn't really think it would take us so much time to get it right.
We initially planned to make the game in 3 months, but because of this and many unforeseen challenges, we ended up working twice that time on it. We'd be more than happy discuss about these challenges and the development of the game with you

Let us start with the top of our whiteboard at the very beginning of the project:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	whiteboard-1.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	116753   Click image for larger version

Name:	whiteboard-2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	116754  

Last edited by Sarok; 09-13-2017 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Removed pictures from the message body, as they are displayed as attached thumbnails already