★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-13-2017, 08:24 AM
Only 50 levels? Looks good anyway...
09-13-2017, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarok View Post
Hi!

I'm Romain, the other half of the team. I can't tell you how much your messages and feedback we received so far mean to us!

We are particularly happy how you are enjoying the controls, because when Loc and I started to work on Drag'n'Boom, it was one of the first thing we focused on. And we didn't really think it would take us so much time to get it right.
We initially planned to make the game in 3 months, but because of this and many unforeseen challenges, we ended up working twice that time on it. We'd be more than happy discuss about these challenges and the development of the game with you

Let us start with the top of our whiteboard at the very beginning of the project:
Good to see you on the forum, Romain. I'm sure you'll get some good feedback from the community, including me once I log a few more hours of gameplay.
Congrats on a fine, fun game. Though I've only played for a short time, this is absolutely one of my favorites of the last few weeks. Deserving of much attention and accolades, imo.

09-13-2017, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by W8rd3 View Post
Haha I Metal Casket I did the same thing, one level in was all it took to convince me, especially after I found out you could juggle the enemies!
This one surprised me, and is a lot of fun, I have a feeling this is going to be the type of game where I'm sad when it runs out of levels
Same here, one level and I was hooked.

It's the second game this week that's made me all nostalgic about the way iOS games used to be. Very good fun indeed.

(My other one was Tales of the Tiny Planet).
09-13-2017, 11:04 AM
I can not find this game in the Dutch AppStore. Will it be released here in the future?
09-13-2017, 01:20 PM
I'm on level 10 with
💯% ⭐️⭐️⭐️ Street Fighter 2 take no hit!

I like the tunes we can blast to plus i have practiced to make perfect on juggling those pesky knights. The surprize challenge that the wizards present iz welcome for me to KILL EM WIT FIREBALLS!!! Hahahahahaaaaaa i'm so silly. Thank You Very Much Loc & Romain for your fun game. Pierre-Jean & Grgory Y'Alls music & sound efx R on point for flying and blasting through these cool levels. ThnX a bunch!

I can't wait to read the story on this teenage fireballer.
Keep up the great heArtwork folks!

Last edited by 7lilwhitewolf7; 09-14-2017 at 02:15 AM.
09-13-2017, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhweetwelwiE View Post
I can not find this game in the Dutch AppStore. Will it be released here in the future?
The game should be available worldwide, although since we released it recently, the search engine on the App Store may take a bit of time to find the game. Until it does, you can find it there:
https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/dragnboom/id1249845602
09-13-2017, 02:59 PM
By the way, the game was made with Unity. I've just started a thread on their forums as well, where I'll talk about it in a more technical way if you're interested. (https://forum.unity.com/threads/ios-...ankama.495185/)
09-13-2017, 03:42 PM
Creative process

Hi!

Loc again (Art and GD on the game). Thank you for your messages

I wanted to show you the creative process behind Drag'n'Boom.

Often it begins in my notebooks. I love notebooks. For me it's like external hard drives for the brain.
Here you can see my collection:

and the the two I used for Drag'n'Boom.

The brown one for the gamedesign ideas.

The cactus one one for the Art ideas.

When we brainstorm with Romain, I prefer A3 sheet of paper to be able to doodle a lot of ideas on big spaces.

Tell me if it you want to see more things about our process. I am glad you like the game.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carnets.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	306.0 KB
ID:	116757   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dragons.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	423.9 KB
ID:	116758   Click image for larger version

Name:	LD.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	116759  

Click image for larger version

Name:	notebooks.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	237.5 KB
ID:	116760  

Made "King Tongue" and "Drag'n'Boom" with nice guys

Last edited by UltraBanaman; 09-13-2017 at 04:17 PM. Reason: >English skills
09-13-2017, 10:02 PM
I knew it. I knew there was a game with tight controls and similar mechanics. You are also the developer of King Tongue!

This one is really cool too. Not restricting the player with time limit in my opinion is a better choice comparing to King Tongue. I have one sort of technical question. Game doesn't feel like 60 FPS on my iPad Air 2. Is it because physics are too much to handle for my device (i know it's old)? Saying this because I have seen a lot of Unity games on my device running at 60 FPS but they feel sluggish, maybe it has something to do with camera I don't know.

BTW I always love to see game-dev behind the scene stuff. Thank you (both) for that.

"I seriously don't understand the whole burying your head in the sand thing and insisting that jailbreaking doesn't have anything to do with piracy." - Eli
09-14-2017, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraBanaman View Post
I love notebooks. For me it's like external hard drives for the brain.
You Sir, are awesome! So cool to see the most important processes are still hand made (drawn). I love your art style!

Last edited by MarsMachine; 09-14-2017 at 05:43 AM.