★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Saboteur! is back in the extended and enhanced Ninja game for your iOS device. Featuring all-new graphics, gameplay and plot over hundreds of screens, this game is part remake and part sequel.

You are sent on a mission to infiltrate a guarded secret facility to retrieve a floppy disk that contains the name and locations of worlds top rebel leaders. Optional objectives include blowing up the facility and/or killing all guards in it. The escape is done by helicopter on the top of the building. As far as the story and other dramatic game elements go it is a straightforward game.

Built-in original 1985 game
Updated graphics and sound effects
ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64 modes - with real colour clash
Collect a pickup to play in Amstrad CPC mode
Remixed theme tune by Rob Shedwick

If you upgrade to the full version, you will get :

Remove timer.
Extended plot - learn the fate of the original ninja before Saboteur 2 began
Extended map - explore the area and play extra levels
Collect pickups to play the original in extra graphics modes, including Amiga, Atari 2600, BBC, Game Boy, NES and even ZX81

Bmamba's comments:
Hi guys, Realtech and Clive Townsend are happy to announce the release of the Saboteur! on iOS.

Originally released in 1985 by Clive Townsend on Spectrum and c64 the game make a 2017 comeback with this enhanced version

Free features:
-Built in orignal 1985 game
-Updated graphics and sound effects
-ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64 mode - with real colour clash
-Collect a hidden pickup to Unlock Amstrad CPC mode
-Remix theme tune by Rob ShedWick
-Gamecenter with leaderboard

Full Version features:
-Remove timer
-Extended plot- learn what happen to the original ninja and the event that lead to saboteur 2.
-Extended map- new area to explore
-Extra Graphic mode to unlock (including Amiga, Atari 2600, BBC, Gameboy, NES and even ZX81)

Iphone/Ipad version is available on the appstore(AppleTV incoming):

Clive townsend site:
http://www.clivetownsend.com/
09-12-2017, 09:29 PM
Ah the memories.Will Thanatos get the Same treatment?

09-13-2017, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nst72 View Post
Ah the memories.Will Thanatos get the Same treatment?
Ohh! That was a cool game... but no...
It is most likely the next one will be Saboteur 2(do you remember how awesome that game was?) and eventually that will lead us to a all new modern saboteur games(already in pre production)

Twitter: @realtech_VR
Visit realtech VR Facebook page.
09-13-2017, 09:45 AM
One of my favorite games as a kid, although I was absolutely bobbins at it back then.....
09-13-2017, 09:58 AM
tvOS and MFI

tvOS and MFI support is coming in the next update

About in-app purchase, there is a single one, for unlocking the whole game (no timer, ability to save checkpoints, etc...). The upgrade is now reduced for a limited time to 0.99$

Vincent Black
@realtech_VR
PR Manager. Canada
09-13-2017, 10:58 AM
swipe control please

free, first person view scifi adventure game: https://www.facebook.com/Dead-Cyborg-157189304366315/
09-13-2017, 11:00 AM
just lost all my apps on iTunes but found this thread with an all time classic. I had a C64 but loves going round speccy pals' houses to play this. Downloading as I type........
09-13-2017, 11:01 AM
Just picked this up. This was such a classic game back in the day but i was awful at it !

How do you kill the dogs ? I thought you could 'kick low' but perhaps not, is it just a case of running away?

I need to go to youtube and follow a walkthrough for this as i'm determined to beat it ! But nice app, packaged well, nice you can change the graphic modes as well. Would be great to see the new graphical version at some point.

But looking forward to the next one. Loved Durrell games, Critical Mass was another great game and Turbo Esprit (like an early GTA) was so advanced for its time back then
09-13-2017, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaurote View Post
swipe control please
Thanks for the feedback. I ll send it to our programing team

Twitter: @realtech_VR
Visit realtech VR Facebook page.
09-13-2017, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmamba View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I ll send it to our programing team
Possible to have a joystick on the left instead of the various arrows ? Same for buttons on the right. Be nice to see some graphical ones not just arrows

Enjoying this retro classic