★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: From the creators of the award winner Kingdom Rush trilogy comes the most extraordinary space odyssey. A real-time, dynamic and deep strategy game that will transport you to amazing and unknown planets. Immersive, engaging gameplay, ridiculously appealing art, and a touch of silly humor. Brave soldiers, mighty mechas and powerful aliens await your command to face the greatest challenges.

Whether in the midst of a meteor storm or exploring a base invaded by alien creatures, the Iron Marines have what it takes to achieve victory. Protect your bases with the most advanced defense towers while spraying your enemies with bullets, missiles and laser rays.

Recruit and train the greatest heroes in the galaxy, lead them into dangerous missions against near impossible odds and unleash their mighty powers and abilities. Adapt your strategy by changing the role of your troops even in the thick of the combat, from ranger to sniper, from flamethrowers to missile launchers. Turn the tide of battle with bomb strikes, intelligent mines, support troops, turrets and a wide range of special weapons.

Want to know more? Dozens of easter eggs await for your keen eye, from a not so mutant turtle, to some well known starship captains

Armies of robots, crushed starships, gigantic monsters, unknown races, brave assaults, desperate rescues, audacious sabotages... the galaxy needs your command.

The galaxy needs the Iron Marines

Game Features

Lead your troops in 14 campaign missions across two different worlds. Get ready to launch bold attacks, hold your ground, rescue civilians, hack supercomputers and all kind of heroic stuff. Each mission requires new tactics and actions to achieve victory. Have I mentioned fights against the tentacles of bizarre underwater creatures?

Test your wit on 10 Special Operations with their own combat rules and no mercy at all. Each stage a challenge to remember, with scars to prove it. We dare you.

Unlock the Impossible Mode. Only for the most reckless of the dauntless. We double dare you.

Defeat massive and unique Bosses in epic battles. They are mean, they are really really huge and they are determined to crush you. Suit up, Marines!!

40+ Upgrades to improve your strategy and empower your units with defense drones, napalm rockets, ricocheting blasts and much more.

9 Heroes with outstanding powers at your command. Train them to their full awesomeness or annoy them at your own risk.

8 Special Weapons to unleash hell on your enemies and give your tactics even more depth. Whats better than a well placed missile? An orbital strike of 50 high explosive missiles!

Complete any of our 50+ Achievements and claim your well deserved reward

Find your fair challenge choosing your difficulty mode: Casual, Normal or Veteran. Dont get cocky! Or Do! Your choice!

Boardumb's comments:

09-13-2017, 11:25 AM
instabuy!

09-13-2017, 11:48 AM
I've literally been waiting for this for years and have been checking for this obsessively this week / today.

Thanks so much for the quick find! I clicked buy so fast that if I got scammed I wouldn't have even realized it SO EXCITED. My favorite indie dev + one of my favorite genres.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Iron Marines / Never Gone / Steam World Heist
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag ID: 259763993580 / Fate Grand Order JPN
09-13-2017, 11:51 AM
I'm pretty excited to play this.
09-13-2017, 12:20 PM
Dont remember seeing any warning. Great surprise!
09-13-2017, 12:23 PM
I'm wondering how the IAP for extra currency is balanced - is the game fair without it?
09-13-2017, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiHubb View Post
I'm wondering how the IAP for extra currency is balanced - is the game fair without it?
It should be. It cost 5$, how it may not be fair without it?
09-13-2017, 12:34 PM
This game is absolutely incredible. Only played 2 levels on hard (since I'm very familiar with the genre) and it lives up to the hype. Everything is triple A quality. The animations (my favorite part of Iron hide games) are beautiful, voice acting is extremely well done, interface is responsive and easy to use. I could go on forever.

My only gripe (maybe?) is that it doesn't look very long so far? You start on one world and then the full map shows there's one more world and then the 3rd world shows coming soon. If the maps aren't very long then I could see this being beaten very quickly. I was hoping there would be 3-5 worlds at opening but I guess I just assumed that since the development time was so long.

Nonetheless, the game is could very well be GOTY for me. This is the mobile RTS I've dreamed of, and made by my favorite Indie company. I just want them to keep adding more to this! Did I mention the art is fantastic? :P I'm such a huge fan of the animator/artist, who I think contributed a lot to the success of Ironhide Games!

Just look at that detail!

There's animations for destroyed buildings, hilarious animations for unit swapping (you can change unit classes at will), and lots of nice background animations (little creatures running about). A lively world indeed.

So far my favorite unit is the sniper. The girl's voice is breathtaking just like an SC Ghost and the high damage / long range is always my favorite in RTS. I'll stop typing and go back to playing

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Iron Marines / Never Gone / Steam World Heist
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag ID: 259763993580 / Fate Grand Order JPN
09-13-2017, 12:35 PM
this can easily become one of the best RTS on mobile. as always ironhide bring the best experience on each of their games. still using the same art style as kingdom rush(which i like), iron marines can offer you almost the same formula as kingdom rush series but with new cool power ups and upgrades.
there is 3 heroes that you can use in the game and there are 6 more that you have to buy. this heroes iap are totally optional and you can finished the game without them. i cant noticed any other IAP so far but ill let you guys know if i can find anything.

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

09-13-2017, 12:36 PM
Is this a tower defence game like the kingdom rush titles? Does it have cloud saving so I can play on my iPad and continue on my phone.