★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The official adaptation of Vlaada Chvátils strategy classic, the second best board game ever according to the Board Game Geek website.

If you are looking for a civ game, this is the game! This is one of the best games of all time. Tom Vasel, The Dice Tower

Through the Ages is simply phenomenal. Drew Massey, Giant Fire Breathing Robot

This is your chance to make history. You begin with a small tribe. As you expand your farms and mines, you lay the groundwork for technological advancements, better governments, and grand wonders. Your military might supports your political skill as you guide your civilization to greatness.

OVERVIEW:
- One of the greatest board games of all time.
- Hundreds of cards to build a mighty civilization.
- Many paths to victory.
- Manage your resources carefully.

FEATURES:
- Learn the game rules with a funny and engaging tutorial.
- Compete with your friends online or on the same device.
- Defeat clever computer opponents of various skill levels.
- Play with the original board game rules or a streamlined digital version.
- Enjoy single-player Challenges requiring different strategies.

Czech Games Edition has produced over 20 board games and expansions, including many award-winning titles for enthusiastic players: Alchemists, Dungeon Lords and Tzolk'in to name just a few. We expanded into the realm of digital board games with Galaxy Trucker and now with this Through the Ages adaptation.
09-14-2017, 07:39 PM
Hello yeah picking this up later tonight !

09-14-2017, 07:42 PM
Yeh baby!!

Have never played because I just don't have a board gaming group but this is like No.1 or 2 on board game geek and has been for some time.
09-14-2017, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
Have never played because I just don't have a board gaming group but this is like No.1 or 2 on board game geek and has been for some time.
Statement: This is #2 currently. And Twilight Struggle is #3 on BGG:
https://boardgamegeek.com/browse/boa...rankobjectid=1

Information: Before anyone asks, there are single player mode, pass-and-play mode, online async multiplayer...and a very humorous tutorial with rule book

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)

Last edited by currymutton; 09-14-2017 at 08:17 PM.
09-14-2017, 08:08 PM
Never played the board game, but I've been excited about this release.

A ringing endorsement: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpo...k-through-ages

Insta Buy
09-14-2017, 08:28 PM
Wow that makes another one
Love board games on phone good ones and this is one I have had eyes on
Like you guys said always a good review
Not a bad price either considering
09-14-2017, 09:18 PM
Compatible for iPad 2?
09-14-2017, 10:03 PM
Bought and looking forward to playing this over the weekend. Never played the board game

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 09-15-2017 at 07:05 AM.
09-15-2017, 05:06 AM
Let me just say this... that tutorial... WOW
I am an avid boardgamer but I still had not tried Through the Ages, because I mainly play solo boardgames or coop (on account of not having that many gamers around... though my wife is now starting to play deckbuilders and light-medium boardgames, not something as heavy as this), but I do have and play Nations (which is a "lighter" TtA that is soloable).
TtA is very very good, and the tutorial does indeed stand out because of its humourour tones. But the rulebooks from Vlaada already stand out because of that (another app like that is Galaxy Trucker).
even if the price is high (11 euros), it is more than justifiable because the boardgame sets you back about 45 and you need people to play it. So, for me it is awesome.
I have not delved a whole lot into the game (just the tutorial and checked the challenges) but it does seem meaty, even if it is just 150 mgbs.
09-15-2017, 05:21 AM
Statement: in case, again, someone complains, I encounter problem with signing in online game, I have sent the details to the developer.

Suggestion: if you encounter something bad, contact the developer first.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)