"The Thief of Wishes" - interactive fairy tale with different endings

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AllBlueStudio, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone!
    My name is Lucyna. I represent a small independent team - All Blue Studio and we would like to tell you a little about the game we are currently working on "The Thief of Wishes":

The Thief of Wishes is an interactive book which will take you again into a fairy tale world – where “…and they lived happily ever after” is only one of many possible endings.

The gameplay is focused on traveling between two different worlds (a lovely old town and it’s nightmare version) and choosing one of two available actions/questions to make the story progress.

The main protagonist of the app is a brave and book loving girl - Catharine. Her goal is to defend the dream distorted by a mysterious monster, save the villagers, and reveal the secret of the magic Fountain.

Features
    • Atmosphere of traditional fairy tales
    • Journey through two different worlds
    • More than 40 beautiful pages
    • Alternative dialogue options and endings
    • Original music

Release Date: autumn 2017
    Platform: iOS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We would be delighted if you could write your comments about our work! Thank you! :)

allbluestudio.com

Social:
    twitter.com/allbluestudio
    facebook.com/allbluestudio
    youtube.com/allbluestudio

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Looks wonderful, I love the artwork and how the characters look

3. dancingcrane

dancingcrane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2016
    Looking forward to this!

4. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    art and music are fantastic, congratulations :) Personally, while i love the backgrounds/ monsters / protagonist style, i don't like the npc art style from what i saw - specifically big nosed old guy on the desk and strong hunchback - but maybe these will be the only two i don't like? Will decide when i see more :)

Can you tell us gameplay time - price?

5. Hello Everyone!

dreadnok, dancingcrane –> Thank you very much for your kind words! We really hope you will enjoy the app.

ramzarules –> You gave us a lot of joy with your comment about the Uncle’s nose. # Unfortunately this is how he is looking even before „transformation into the monster form” - so no hope for this little guy. He will never become a handsome young prince... And I don’t want to spoil you the story, but in my opinion the Hunchback looks nicer after transformation! The price will be around 3 EUR. But we are not sure about the game playtime – because we are still adding new things. It really depends on how fast someone can read 55+/- scenes.

And a small general update: we decided to add three minigames to our app – just to make sure, that even the youngest ones will find something interesting in “The Thief of Wishes”. Of course those mini-games are completely separate from the main story (you can select them from the main menu).

Each of the games is dedicated to a different area of child development: reflex, memory or perception.

The first mini-game (from the reflex category) has a simple mechanic: you should catch pumpkins before they smash on the ground. When the time passes, the pumpkins fall faster and faster, and we have only three "failed attempts" before "game over". So we just play for points.

And it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

And now the question is: do your kids like such games?
    Do they have any favorites? What is important to them?
    Thank you very much for your feedback!

6. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    My daughter is just turning two this weekend but she loves the colors and characters in interactive books we read together

7. Hello Everyone!
    Another mini-game from "the Thief of Wishes" - from the "perception" category.

This time we will be looking for watches. Watches are hidden throughout the map in various amusing places.
    Even I had a problem to find all of them ;)
    So I hope that the search will give your kids a lot of fun.

[​IMG]

8. dancingcrane

dancingcrane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2016
    I love the pictures I see, especially our little protagonist in the evening shots, and the hunchback. While my children are no longer young, I have family who do, and I love these kind of stories for myself as well.

9. dancingcrane –> I hope that in the future we will be able to make games for older audiences too. We are already working on more serious script, but let's keep this as a secret for now. ;)

And general update: We are currently participating in the inktober2017, so if you would like to see more illustrations with our heroes pretending to be characters from other fairy tales - we are waiting for your comments!

Also you can read more about future mini-games on our blog.

And here comes a little spoiler from one of the endings:

[​IMG]

…and they lived happily ever after? Not this time, I'm afraid!

10. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    There really great illustrations I love The merman, got a sick little girl at home with me so any little thing that makes her smile is a winner in my book

11. dreadnok–> From one little girl to another with our sincere wishes:

[​IMG]

12. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Thanks she loves the picture

13. App’s release in 2018

The winter is coming – and the white ravens have appeared... even in "The Thief of Wishes".

Unfortunately we are forced to move the premiere of our app to the beginning of next year.

It was not an easy decision to make. But we want to show you our app as a fully finished product, so we have decided to continue working until we are fully satisfied with the final result. At present there are still recordings and changes in music to be done. We would also like to provide you more language versions.

Thank you very much for your patience and support.
    Hopefully “The Thief of Wishes” will be able to meet your expectations soon and that will fulfil our dream!

[​IMG]

14. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Well that’s sad news but I guess it’ll be worth it for the final results

15. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Glad to see it’s here finally