★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Kongregate
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 422.2 MB
  • Version: 1.1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Tactical gameplay, card collection, and gorgeous 2D and 3D art combine in Stormbound: Kingdom Wars!

Immerse yourself in the rich world of Stormbound, as four kingdoms struggle for dominance. Construct a deck of unique and powerful cards and then dive into real-time battles against other players.

Novel gameplay combines your favorite aspects of collectible card games with the tactical strategy of board games. Play cards from your hand to the game board and then watch your units march on the enemy base.

FEATURES:
*Tactical gameplay that rewards the most clever strategists
*Real-time PVP battles against players all around the globe
*Dozens of powerful cards to collect and upgrade!
*Incredible 2D and 3D art immerses you in the world of Stormbound
*Four distinct kingdoms with unique advantages and playstyles

Please Note: Stormbound: Kingdom Wars is a free-to-play game, but some extra game items can be purchased for real money. You can disable in-app purchases in your device's settings.
09-20-2017, 06:52 PM
Is anyone playing this besides me.. It's freaking great! I love it. Definitely ads something new to the genre.. Mood, Art, and an interesting mix of mechanics from some other games that we know and love like Hearthstone and Clash Royale... It does have the overly high priced IAPs that Kongregate games are known for, but we shall see how it goes.. No problems finding matches for multiplayer and there is a campaign too..

09-20-2017, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyClash View Post
Is anyone playing this besides me.. It's freaking great! I love it. Definitely ads something new to the genre.. Mood, Art, and an interesting mix of mechanics from some other games that we know and love like Hearthstone and Clash Royale... It does have the overly high priced IAPs that Kongregate games are known for, but we shall see how it goes.. No problems finding matches for multiplayer and there is a campaign too..
Seriously a campaign?! I may need to dl this later. Thanks!
09-20-2017, 10:24 PM
^^My exact reaction lol...glad I at least gave the page a look bc I will definitely check it out for the campaign, whereas I would not have if multiplayer only. MOST PvP gets so stale quite fast if it is the only feature.
09-20-2017, 11:19 PM
The campaign is pretty short right now, but you are rewarded cards with each win.. I have a feeling that like most of these games, pvp will be the primary focus.. With that said, I enjoy a good campaign, so I do hope they expand this element in future updates..
09-21-2017, 05:03 AM
Not usually my type of game but this is so well done I have to play for a bit. I agree the campaign works best. Trouble with this sort of PvP is waiting for people to choose their cards. Many are so slow. Never know if they are are still there or if they stopped playing.
09-21-2017, 07:36 AM
Touch controls (for me) unresponsive at times, mainly card selection, holding and dragging. Otherwise looks good, plays well.

edit: the interface issues/lag are on my ipad4. Not an issue on my iPhone7.

Last edited by gmattergames; 09-21-2017 at 09:02 PM.