★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Time Recoil (10tons) - a single stick shooter where you kill to slow time

09-21-2017, 03:17 PM
Time Recoil (10tons) - a single stick shooter where you kill to slow time

Hi!

We have a new upcoming game for iOS called Time Recoil. The idea is that you kill to slow time. You have limited ammo so we made it single stick on mobile - you focus on movement, special abilities and triggering your shots.

The game is already out on PC, PS4, and Xbox One and now we're working on the iOS version. We have a 100% playable build but we're still polishing it during the next week or two. We also need some time attack scores from other players than developers to setup the star system.

So, we're looking for beta testers. You should have at least iPhone 5 or better to run the game smoothly. We've tested it on lower spec devices but the experience is quite choppy since this is a game that comes from PC and console space. iPhone 6 and better should provide quite a smooth experience.

Sign up here: http://eepurl.com/c4hTYL If the demand is high, we might not be able to include everyone so first come first served.

Youtube link | Pop Up

If you want to get into the mood for some 80s time manipulating action you should listen to the original soundtrack on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/7x6FDQgoTqWa4CFoBvMnDs There are also some more tracks by Machinima Sounds - the Spotify album is by the amazing NightStop. In my opinion the soundtrack is quite amazing

10tons.com Facebook Latest release: Neon Chrome

Last edited by 10tonsLtd; 09-21-2017 at 03:19 PM.
09-22-2017, 01:22 AM
Well I’m certainly up for a bit of whatever you guys dish out. Looks great.
Signed up.

09-23-2017, 02:29 AM
A small batch of Testflight invites sent out. We'll expand the beta step by step so stay tuned.

09-23-2017, 03:13 AM
I guess I didn’t make the cut then?
09-23-2017, 05:10 AM
Hi 10tons-Team.

Thanks for the Beta-Invite.

At first glance this seems to be a nice game. Runs smooth on an iPad Pro 10.5 with iOS11. Really great music. (Will it be possible to get the soundtrack someday?)

Looking forward to play it more.

A big thank you for supporting MFI-Controllers. Unfortunately there’s a bug with MFI: Using a Controller, the Auto-Aim stops working. Because aiming manually doesn’t work either, the game is unplayable with MFI at the moment...
09-23-2017, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sYntiq View Post
Hi 10tons-Team.

Thanks for the Beta-Invite.

At first glance this seems to be a nice game. Runs smooth on an iPad Pro 10.5 with iOS11. Really great music. (Will it be possible to get the soundtrack someday?)

Looking forward to play it more.

A big thank you for supporting MFI-Controllers. Unfortunately there’s a bug with MFI: Using a Controller, the Auto-Aim stops working. Because aiming manually doesn’t work either, the game is unplayable with MFI at the moment...
MFI control isn't supported yet. We'll let you know when it starts working!

09-24-2017, 08:08 AM
Finished the Storymode today. Nice story, funny twist. And I still love the music. In my opinion it’s a little bit short, but: a) Who knows how much this will cost at the end and b) There’s a lot to do with the time trials (way to go next. )

The moments in which you can‘t use auto-aim (the explosives) are a little bit tough. Because you always move while aiming, it’s hard to not get into the range of explosion.

But anyway: It’s a fun little game!

One more thing: At the end of the credits it says „10tons. 2016“. Shouldn‘t it say „2017“?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10tonsLtd View Post
MFI control isn't supported yet. We'll let you know when it starts working!
oh, that explains it.
Because everything else (Menu/Running etc) works with a controller, I thought it was already supported.
09-26-2017, 07:37 AM
Some new testers invited. The latest version is 0.6.0.2. It also includes working MFi support!

09-26-2017, 08:30 AM
Just had a quick go; seems great. The use/melee causes you to melee even if you’re picking stuff up etc.
Seems a bit odd to pick up a folder and then destroy the desk it was on!

Looking forward to playing it some more.
09-27-2017, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaGonzo View Post
Just had a quick go; seems great. The use/melee causes you to melee even if you’re picking stuff up etc.
Seems a bit odd to pick up a folder and then destroy the desk it was on!

Looking forward to playing it some more.
That's true, however the upside is that you have one less button on screen We've updated the build today with some improved auto aiming.