Universal Time Recoil (10tons) - a single stick shooter where you kill to slow time

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 10tonsLtd, Sep 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    #1 10tonsLtd, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    Hi!

We have a new upcoming game for iOS called Time Recoil. The idea is that you kill to slow time. You have limited ammo so we made it single stick on mobile - you focus on movement, special abilities and triggering your shots.

The game is already out on PC, PS4, and Xbox One and now we're working on the iOS version. We have a 100% playable build but we're still polishing it during the next week or two. We also need some time attack scores from other players than developers to setup the star system.

So, we're looking for beta testers. You should have at least iPhone 5 or better to run the game smoothly. We've tested it on lower spec devices but the experience is quite choppy since this is a game that comes from PC and console space. iPhone 6 and better should provide quite a smooth experience.

Sign up here: http://eepurl.com/c4hTYL If the demand is high, we might not be able to include everyone so first come first served.

If you want to get into the mood for some 80s time manipulating action you should listen to the original soundtrack on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/7x6FDQgoTqWa4CFoBvMnDs There are also some more tracks by Machinima Sounds - the Spotify album is by the amazing NightStop. In my opinion the soundtrack is quite amazing :)

2. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Well I’m certainly up for a bit of whatever you guys dish out. Looks great.
    Signed up.

3. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    A small batch of Testflight invites sent out. We'll expand the beta step by step so stay tuned.

4. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    I guess I didn’t make the cut then?

5. sYntiq

sYntiq Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Hi 10tons-Team.

Thanks for the Beta-Invite.

At first glance this seems to be a nice game. Runs smooth on an iPad Pro 10.5 with iOS11. Really great music. (Will it be possible to get the soundtrack someday?)

Looking forward to play it more. :)

A big thank you for supporting MFI-Controllers. Unfortunately there’s a bug with MFI: Using a Controller, the Auto-Aim stops working. Because aiming manually doesn’t work either, the game is unplayable with MFI at the moment...

6. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    MFI control isn't supported yet. We'll let you know when it starts working!

7. sYntiq

sYntiq Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Finished the Storymode today. Nice story, funny twist. And I still love the music. In my opinion it’s a little bit short, but: a) Who knows how much this will cost at the end and b) There’s a lot to do with the time trials (way to go next. :) )

The moments in which you can‘t use auto-aim (the explosives) are a little bit tough. Because you always move while aiming, it’s hard to not get into the range of explosion.

But anyway: It’s a fun little game!

One more thing: At the end of the credits it says „10tons. 2016“. Shouldn‘t it say „2017“?

oh, that explains it.
    Because everything else (Menu/Running etc) works with a controller, I thought it was already supported. :)

8. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Some new testers invited. The latest version is 0.6.0.2. It also includes working MFi support!

9. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Just had a quick go; seems great. The use/melee causes you to melee even if you’re picking stuff up etc.
    Seems a bit odd to pick up a folder and then destroy the desk it was on!

Looking forward to playing it some more.

10. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    That's true, however the upside is that you have one less button on screen :) We've updated the build today with some improved auto aiming.

11. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    We also have an iOS trailer - the interesting thing is that we've tried to avoid showing any blood and such to keep it suitable for all audiences for app preview purposes.

12. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    I was pondering it being context sensitive; if there’s something to interact with then no melee until you’ve interacted or moved out of interaction range? Like NC does for loot.

13. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    #13 10tonsLtd, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    Hmm, it should usually do that at least in clearcut cases - we'll check it out.

Edit: It looks like when picking up folders they naturally disappear and in the next update step melee attack is executed since there's no target anymore. We'll update the build soon with a fix.

14. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Great; it’s a pretty minor detail in the scheme of things.

15. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Got the Testflight today....wow....WOW....really enjoying this. Not sure on resources, but a fleshed out cut-scene set-up in between missions (or at beginning or end) would be a nice touch. I know there was one going into Chpt. 2 so far..The whole going back in time is just an awesome concept. And the auto-aim works really well with the bullet time mechanic. Really looking forward to seeing what's added. What's here is stellar.

16. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    We've updated the beta and we're nearing a final build. Thanks for all the feedback so far! The current build should be nearly final.

- Star limits are in place - try to beat them!
    - Performance optimizations
    - Some control options
    - Added a few display options

17. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Just started playing Neon Chrome again from the beginning as I'm pumped for this.

18. Preddy

Preddy New Member

Oct 1, 2017
    Played this for about an hour after getting the testflight invite.
    So far the game looks good but I felt like the auto aim is not perfect yet. Sometimes it locks on to an enemy or object in another room and I am forced to clear that up instead of going to some other location first. I''ll mail a screenshot of this via testflight. Also, my iphone 7 plus heats up a lot while playing on high settings but thats normal I guess.
    Apart from this the game feels great. The story is interesting and movement, dashing and time slowing machanics are really nice. Some Occasional stutters are there on high graphics but that can be fixed via a minor update hopefully.
    Unlike neon chrome this game is mission based and feels fresh. Must buy.

19. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Thanks for all the testers so far - we'll be releasing quite soon!

20. Aurelien.L

Aurelien.L Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    I'm ready ;)!