★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Have you ever wondered what it would be like to bring an AR battlefield to life in front of your eyes?

Stop wondering. Download The Machines. One of the world's first competitive multiplayer games played entirely in Augmented Reality.

Transform your table in a fierce PvP Arena and fulfill your destiny to become the reigning champion. Assemble and lead your team of specialized Machines against friends online, or around a table in the same room! Brutal firepower alone won't cut it. To climb the leaderboards you will need to unleash powerful combat strategies and game-changing abilities in battle.

Use Super Weapons by tactically aiming your phone onto the AR battlefield as your physical position is the competitive edge against enemies.

Victory or defeat, depend entirely on your skills, strategic thinking, and ability to maneuver troops and yourself around battle.

The Machines features:
- Breathtaking new way to game in augmented reality. Bring battle to life as you have never experienced before!
- Balanced, strategic gameplay as each player must outwit, and outmaneuver their opponents or suffer defeat.
- A training mode to gain experience and a competitive online PvP arena where your skills will be tested. Will you lead your Machines to glory?
09-22-2017, 03:46 PM
#2
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,839
How is no one talking about this?! Seems pretty frickin neat... premium online PvP game. Charting pretty high in the US rn

09-22-2017, 04:09 PM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
How is no one talking about this?! Seems pretty frickin neat... premium online PvP game. Charting pretty high in the US rn
Just picked it up. The AR is awesome.
09-25-2017, 06:13 AM
#4
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 985
Would love to see some more impressions. So the AR works nice in this game. What about the actual gameplay? Is it balanced? Can you play with multiple strategies. How is this competitive (rankings?).
09-26-2017, 07:37 PM
#5
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 105
i'm guessing constant online requirement?
09-27-2017, 03:35 AM
#6
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 985
I dont want to sound harsh, but this thread is about The Machines. So please keep it that way otherwise it will become a mess of a forum if this keeps happening.

On topic: Anyone with impressions about the actual gameplay? Is the game balanced? Are there actual strategies? Ranked multiplayer? Etc? Not just the wow AR is great in this game! kind of stuff.
09-27-2017, 03:27 PM
#7
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: top of the world
Posts: 195
Deleted.

Ferb, I know what we are gonna do today!

Last edited by #Bonk3rZ; 09-28-2017 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Looks like I missed something.
09-27-2017, 03:54 PM
#8
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 1,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabianb View Post
I dont want to sound harsh, but this thread is about The Machines. So please keep it that way otherwise it will become a mess of a forum if this keeps happening.

On topic: Anyone with impressions about the actual gameplay? Is the game balanced? Are there actual strategies? Ranked multiplayer? Etc? Not just the wow AR is great in this game! kind of stuff.
To be honest I think the 'is a constant connection required' is a reasonable and on-topic question. I'd like to know the answer too, since if there's a single-player mode that doesn't need to be online I'd be very interested.

Can't see how this is de-railing the thread at all.
09-27-2017, 04:18 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
To be honest I think the 'is a constant connection required' is a reasonable and on-topic question. I'd like to know the answer too, since if there's a single-player mode that doesn't need to be online I'd be very interested.

Can't see how this is de-railing the thread at all.
There was a long conversation where the thread got hijacked by a different game. It has since been fixed by the admins.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-27-2017, 04:18 PM
#10
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
To be honest I think the 'is a constant connection required' is a reasonable and on-topic question. I'd like to know the answer too, since if there's a single-player mode that doesn't need to be online I'd be very interested.

Can't see how this is de-railing the thread at all.
Could be wrong but I dont think thats what he was referring to. There were some other posts about a completely different game that have since been removed.