★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: **As featured in the Apple Keynote**

The Machines may be Apple's most impressive augmented-reality showcase yet - Eurogamer

If you've only got enough money to spend on one AR game, then I'd probably make it this one. - Pocket Gamer

The Machines is a perfect example of the future of AR - Macworld

A must have ARKit gameHighly recommended and definitely worth its asking price! - AR Critic
========
In The Machines, battle your friends in a breathtaking augmented reality world. Experience 3D sound, graphics, and gameplay like never before.

Use powerful abilities and perspective-based tactics to destroy your enemy's base and climb the global leaderboard.

Victory or defeat depends on your skills, strategic thinking, and ability to maneuver yourself and your troops in battle.
========
VISUALLY STUNNING
The Machines uses advanced technology to push the boundaries of visual fidelity. The battlefield has over 1.2 million polygons and uses 4k assets and physics-based rendering to bring you a beautifully immersive game.

3D SPATIAL AUDIO
Your position in the real world affects the audio you hear. Move closer for louder action or disappear behind a rock and audio bounces off, just like in real life.

PERSPECTIVE-BASED GAMING
Your physical position is the competitive edge in this augmented reality battlefield. Use super weapons and abilities tactically by aiming your phone and adjusting your position.

COMPETETIVE MULTIPLAYER
Claim your place at the top of the global leaderboards by defeating foes around the world. Outwit your opponents with balanced, strategic gameplay. A single player training mode is also available to gain experience.

FRIEND BATTLES
Add friends via a unique invite link and challenge them directly to battle! Play against each other on the same table or anywhere in the world. See who is the champion on your friends leaderboard.
========
**If you enjoying playing the game, please consider leaving a review on the App Store. We really appreciate it!**

Follow us on Twitter: @DirectiveGames
Follow us on Facebook: @DirectiveGames
Want to discuss a new feature? Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/w4GdRVc
09-22-2017, 03:46 PM
How is no one talking about this?! Seems pretty frickin neat... premium online PvP game. Charting pretty high in the US rn

09-22-2017, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
How is no one talking about this?! Seems pretty frickin neat... premium online PvP game. Charting pretty high in the US rn
Just picked it up. The AR is awesome.
09-25-2017, 06:13 AM
Would love to see some more impressions. So the AR works nice in this game. What about the actual gameplay? Is it balanced? Can you play with multiple strategies. How is this competitive (rankings?).
09-26-2017, 07:37 PM
i'm guessing constant online requirement?
09-27-2017, 03:35 AM
I dont want to sound harsh, but this thread is about The Machines. So please keep it that way otherwise it will become a mess of a forum if this keeps happening.

On topic: Anyone with impressions about the actual gameplay? Is the game balanced? Are there actual strategies? Ranked multiplayer? Etc? Not just the wow AR is great in this game! kind of stuff.
09-27-2017, 03:27 PM
Deleted.

Ferb, I know what we are gonna do today!

Last edited by #Bonk3rZ; 09-28-2017 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Looks like I missed something.
09-27-2017, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabianb View Post
I dont want to sound harsh, but this thread is about The Machines. So please keep it that way otherwise it will become a mess of a forum if this keeps happening.

On topic: Anyone with impressions about the actual gameplay? Is the game balanced? Are there actual strategies? Ranked multiplayer? Etc? Not just the wow AR is great in this game! kind of stuff.
To be honest I think the 'is a constant connection required' is a reasonable and on-topic question. I'd like to know the answer too, since if there's a single-player mode that doesn't need to be online I'd be very interested.

Can't see how this is de-railing the thread at all.
09-27-2017, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
To be honest I think the 'is a constant connection required' is a reasonable and on-topic question. I'd like to know the answer too, since if there's a single-player mode that doesn't need to be online I'd be very interested.

There was a long conversation where the thread got hijacked by a different game. It has since been fixed by the admins.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-27-2017, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post

Could be wrong but I dont think thats what he was referring to. There were some other posts about a completely different game that have since been removed.