★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Physics Puzzle, Combat Racing 'Tile Rider' 4.49 => Free

09-27-2017, 04:01 PM
Physics Puzzle, Combat Racing 'Tile Rider' 4.49 => Free

Free for a limited time. Full premium. Game Center. Very recommended!

Main thread with some reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
Seeing the title a few minutes ago, i remembered that game, probably from the simple colorful, yet cool graphics and the interesting mix of cars, shooting and puzzling, i don't know. I was interested back then, so i took the plunge.

The presentation with the great menu soundtrack (though the fiddle might not please everybody, i guess) is slick and simple. And so are the levels, so far. But the real cool thing is, you can 4-way tilt your device to see much more of the current screen. I also like how the camera zooms in, if i don't drive, and out again when i get back in action.

I'm at level 8, and i still consider this to be an advanced tutorial, somehow. But i have to be honest, before i dive in further, i'm gonna play the whole tutorial a few times more. I've got to get used to the cars behaviour first. The turns and curves are...special, and i like it. Also, a better and faster handling with the magnet might pay out in the later and more complex levels, my guess.
While getting used is my personal thing, the controls are very responsive, no doubt. Good job.

Maybe me too later on, but i can see some people asking for a magnet-button somewhere in the right corner, customizable the best.

This is a very unique game in my books, and i'm looking forward to dive in further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
Ok. I gave this a go for a little while this morning and I have to say, it's definitely different. Different in a good way though. It's hard to pin point what kind of game it actually is. It has puzzle aspects, racing, a pinch of dual stick shooting and that's just in the first 5 or so levels. I guess it's a puzzle game at heart though.

The artwork is "ok". Kind of a simple "VR" Tron-esqe. Not my favorite, but it works. The music is I dunno, dubstep/jazz?? I'm horrible at trying to decipher music styles.

Where the game really shines is the gameplay. It changes things up every time you turn around, which is kind of cool. You never know what the next level is going to be like. Variety, lots of variety. It's definitely the selling point of the game.

Now, as far as value. I haven't played all the way through it, so I'm not sure how long it takes to play through it. There's leaderboards and achievements, so I'm sure that will keep some people playing the 35 levels over and over.

I'm still on the fence about it. I really wish there were at least a couple different cars with different characteristics to drive or the ability to change your car up somehow, but that's just the "car guy" in me. All in all, I'm happy with my purchase. There's no IAPs or ads or any schenanigans going on, so it's nice to just "play" a game for a change.

I'd say if you like the screenshots and/or gameplay videos, you will most likely dig this game. It may not be pretty, but the variety and gameplay makes up for it.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
09-27-2017, 04:09 PM
Thankyou downloading
11-16-2017, 03:47 PM
And what do we see? Free again!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
11-18-2017, 02:01 AM
Does this have mifi?