★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: GAMEHUNTER
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ###Coast Defense Reloaded ###
-Total 60 levels
-headshot bonus(rifle only)
-new enemies
-new weapons
-global ranking system

======================================
#3 Paid App in the United States in November

Coast Defense was in the #100 paid apps in more than 40 countries!
Coast Defense is a game you can play either to shoot down the enemies or defense your bunker.

Goal:
Obtain special arms to defeat enemy force's landing and keep your bunker safe.

FEATURES:
-Awesome animation and detailed graphics
-Realistic sound
-Easy and intuitive control
-Get paid on how well you have repelled enemy force
-Obtain new weapons or upgrade your bunker at the shop
-11 different weapons (Machine gun, TNT, Sniper rifle, Bazooka, Bomber, Nuke and etc..)

Tip:
-Tilt your Iphone/Ipod Touch to scroll left and right.
-Bazooka causes collateral damage within its splash range.
-Call for bomb drop to get help from a strategic bomber.
-Wipe off all the enemy forces with a nuke.

UPDATE HISTORY AND FUTURE PLANS:
-v1.0(oct) : The Birth of CoastDefense
-v1.1(dec):new levels,headshot bonus,new enemies,more weapons,global ranking system
** Visit our blog http://coastdefense.blogspot.com for more information
** follow us for hints, news, and updates!
http://twitter.com/cgforce

Prab's comments:

Lite version: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=336431128&mt=8

10-30-2009, 02:33 AM
I might have to buy this game. Looks pretty cool. Didn't think so until I watched the video.

Username for GameCenter, Plus+, OpenFeint, Crystal, Agon, and others: xFinch713x
Xbox Live: ISMFOFinch

10-30-2009, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFinch713x View Post
I might have to buy this game. Looks pretty cool. Didn't think so until I watched the video.
Ditto.

Helvetica will treat you good if you take time to understand her.
10-30-2009, 02:59 AM
Wow. Screenshots really dont do justice to this game. Looks a lot more interesting after seeing the video.
10-30-2009, 03:02 AM
gonna sleep on it and decide tomorrow. Good night appstore.

Username for GameCenter, Plus+, OpenFeint, Crystal, Agon, and others: xFinch713x
Xbox Live: ISMFOFinch
10-30-2009, 03:34 AM
looks like my type of game. dling now.
10-30-2009, 03:54 AM
Okay, I just played 10 missions (days). Day 10 was a killer. Totally insane if you have the wrong weapons stocked up.

Let's see:
  1. The theme of the game is like world war 2 (so dont expect hover crafts and planes with laser guns). It does a good job of this with the background, music and sound effects. They are not too fancy (the backgrounds dont have animated rolling cloouds or anything, but its good enough; plus, if you really have time to look at clouds while playing this game, then you probably haven't gone far in the game )
  2. The enemies are quite varied. So far Im up to day 10 and I have seen: infrantry with guns, infantry with bazookas, trucks, tanks, and er... a bigger truck
  3. The controls are second nature. You aim using the left thumb. You shoot using the right thumb. On the top of the shooting button there are two arrows to scroll through the available weapons. You tilt the device left and right to scroll the environment. It makes for a very fluid control system where you tilt to frame your target in the screen, move your left thumb over them, and press with your right thumb to evaporate them
  4. The available weapons are also quite varied: there are single shot guns (M1), M-16, M-40, machine guns (M-60), bazookas, plane bombers (I think like an air strike), and a nuclear strike (hell yeah! ). They all vary according to 3 attributes: damage, accuracy and fire rate.
  5. The best part of this game is that its not about accuracy (sniping). Its about shooting the heck out of everything before they get close enough to shoot at your bunker. Its really not that hard to aim and shoot at the small infantries. I used my basic weapon for the whole 9 days and only use my M-16 to take out vehicles. The game is really more like a castle defense game. You can also buy repairs for your bunker and also upgrade its HP.
  6. The gameplay is level based (day by day) and if you die, you only have to repeat that day. It also saves the game (one slot) this way. So its similar to Knights on Rush although it does not have a big map for you to choose your missions.

1. The game is not varied enough so it may be boring for some people. I think there is only 1 map. It should be easy enough to make different maps but then again, only the background will be different, so it really won't change the gameplay very much? Any change to the map will make the game much more difficult. Some ideas: (1) Your bunker is surrounded in two directions, (2) night mode where you can only see the enemy when they happen to walk on lit areas (there are spotlights aimed at random places of the ground). Maybe these could be "insane modes" in an upcoming update.
  2. There should be more points given to headshots.
  3. There needs to be an online leaderboard

Back to Mission 10. Grrrrr... A bunch of huge trucks came charging at my bunker and started spawning a gazillion infantries. My bunker was depleted in seconds. I used a bazooka to take them all out but the fire rate was too low. Maybe I need to buy a nuke

Anyway, I recommend this game to anyone who just likes to shoot the crap out of everything. Note that the game could be a little too easy until day 8. Some more maps to give a varied gameplay experience and an online leaderboard would make this a huge hit

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

Last edited by Prab; 10-30-2009 at 03:56 AM.
10-30-2009, 05:00 AM
This game looks so exciting to me.

I think that this game looks exciting to me. I may download it and give it a try.
10-30-2009, 06:38 AM
thanks for the info Prab. sounds like a game for me. will view the trailer now.
10-30-2009, 06:41 AM
I've only had a chance to play the first mission, but Prab did a stellar job describing it, so I'll just add that it will definitely appeal to fans of shoot 'em ups and tower defencers. Pretty interesting control system.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!