★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Coresoft Inc.
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 16.7 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: #1 GAME IN OVER 15 COUNTRIES WORLDWIDE! >"Blood Beach comes highly recommended." ALLABOUTTHEGAMES.CO.UK
The Ultimate 3D WW2 Beach Defense game.
>"Insanely great" IPHONETOUCH.BLORGE.COM

>"Blood Beach comes highly recommended."
ALLABOUTTHEGAMES.CO.UK

>"The graphics are outstanding"
EXAMINER.COM

>"What I loved about Blood Beach is the depth of the game. More than many other sniper games, you have to think tactically in each level, choosing the right weapons and figuring out who to take down first."
SOFTONIC.COM

>"this is how a game on the iPhone should control usable for an average user on default settings, but tweakable for all users satisfaction."
THEPORTABLEGAMER.COM

> "The planes, vehicles and beach terrain are all very well polished, and serve to immerse the player in an intense WW2 environment".
THUMBSPREE.COM

> "The music and sound effects in Blood Beach are especially good, from the ping of your bullets hitting an oncoming plane to the screams of soldiers on a downed troop transport."
SLIDETOPLAY.COM

>"The gameplay is well paced and the Coresoft team did a great job of making the A.I. believable"
THUMBSPREE.COM

======================================
Goal:
Defend your island outpost from the entire Japanese Navy forces, using your incredible arsenal of weaponry.

=====================================

You are hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned and have no option or hope except to fight and win. You are alone. Just you, your guns, and the thin stretch of what you call Blood Beach stand between you and the whole of the Japanese Imperial Navy

Blood Beach is an authentic WW2 sim in the classic arcade style. You are the lone defender of a remote listening post in the Solomon islands. While you have an impressive arsenal including the M2 BMG, Bofors 40mm, and of course your Thompson SMG, the Imperial Japanese Navy will throw everything they can muster at you, Zeros, Bettys , even Takao class battleships in their methodical and relentless push to recapture the Solomons.

The Japanese have done their homework and your island is the lynchpin for control of the Pacific. Be prepared to have the full might of the Japanese Imperial forces thrown at you relentlessly. This will include

>Amphibious Landing Craft
>Huge numbers of enemy infantry
>Mitsubishi A6M2 "Zero" attack fighters
>Mitsubishi A6M2 "Zero" attack Bombers
>Mitsubishi DINAH Recon planes
>Mitsubishi G4M3 "Betty" Bombers
>Hino Motors TK-95 Tanks
>Nagato Class Battleships

With over 20 levels and hours worth of gameplay, every aspect of Blood Beach has been carefully researched during production, from the firing rates of the U.S. weaponry, to the flight dynamics and formation patterns of the attacking Japanese Naval pilots. We studied footage taken at various Pacific Theater encounters in order to produce the most accurate simulation possible.

FEATURES:
-20 Missions, each featuring multiple attack waves adds up to hours and hours of adrenaline pumping gameplay!

-3 Ways to play. Use touch controls, Analog stick, or Analog pad control. Each mode has it's own sensitivity setting so you can set it exactly how you like it.

-WorldWide Leaderboards. Compete with other Gunners around the world.

-Pulse Pounding Cinematic Soundtrack:

-Incredible true life sound effects with amazing surround. You can actually use the amazing audio to locate your targets!

** Thanks to everyone for supporting this game! We listen to all your feedback, and are committed to providing updates in the future which will reflect that feedback.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blood-beach-free/id346015800?mt=8
10-30-2009, 06:56 AM
added to want list, will buy coast defense first since its cheaper.

10-30-2009, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
added to want list, will buy coast defense first since its cheaper.
coast defense is a lot of fun dude
10-31-2009, 04:05 PM
now 99c

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-31-2009, 04:33 PM
No interest in this game? Looks ok for 99 cents

Youtube link | Pop Up
10-31-2009, 04:52 PM
Looks cool

Gameloft LIVE: Lethal_Tuna
Plus Network: nbgfr478ii
"Have a Nice Day!"
10-31-2009, 05:27 PM
This looks like decent fun for a buck..will give it a go and see.
10-31-2009, 06:27 PM
Well, played until I had to stop at level 8.

I have enjoyed the game thus far. The weapons (40 mm, heavy machine gun, light machine gun, hand grenades) are all done well and are satisfying to use. There is a real life arcing effect to the rounds which I enjoy, so you must lead your targets a bit and you don't get the impression you are shooting laser beams. The first few missions are primarily against aircraft, and the models seem well done. Your primary targets include landing craft that offload troops, landing craft that offload tanks, as well as plain infantry and the occasional very large destroyer. I have not made it to the end of the game, so perhaps there is more than that as well. As a side note, I almost feel guilty when the offloading ramps on the landing craft come down and I mow down the poor little infantry before they can exit, or listen to their screams as I sink their landing craft in open water before they have a chance to disembark. almost feel guilty =P

The sound effects are simple but well done, and the game mentions it includes "3d sound" to detect where the enemy is coming from using audio, a feature I could not test as I had no headphones available.

I had no problem with the default controls, and did not even bother to test the options regarding controls. It is all very straightforward.

On the negative side, I died on level 8 and a screen appeared that asked if I would like to replay the mission. I said no, thinking it would save my progress, as there is a "resume mission" button in the main menu. It ended up ending my game and taking me to a screen where I submitted my high score. I now have to start over from the first level..doh. I discovered a few minutes later that the game auto saves your progress if you simply press the home button and leave the app, or if you press pause and click "save and exit". Wish I had of been warned my progress would not be saved! Oh well, no biggie.

But anyway, this is the definition of a pick up and play game, pure point and shoot and watch things explode. For a buck, I am glad I purchased it.
11-06-2009, 05:15 AM
I loved this game!

Are there any similar ones, WWII-centric especially, like Blood Beach? It's infantry-based, rather than an aerial or sub game.

Currently Playing: (iPad2) Angry Birds Space HD | MASS EFFECT INFILTRATOR | Hunters 2 | Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy | Flight Control Rocket | Azkend 2 HD: The World Beneath | rComplex | Zuma's Revenge HD | Rhianna Ford & The DaVinci Letter HD | Zepi:Spring HD | Reiner Knizia's Deck Buster | (iPhone) Doodle God
11-06-2009, 11:23 AM
iYamamoto only one I can think of but no infantry like your asking for.

Ok spoke too soon.
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=32183