★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Unbeatable Touchgrind Score? (Competition)

12-31-2008, 03:05 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Unbeatable Touchgrind Score? (Competition)

hey guys, i've been constantly searching for someone to match my skill level in Competition mode in touchgrind (no cheats!!!) i think so far i have the best score, i know several people at work who play it and no one seems to get much farther than the 2 million mark... i have 3,783,204. if anyone has beaten this score please submit a screen shot.

12-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NME View Post
hey guys, i've been constantly searching for someone to match my skill level in Competition mode in touchgrind (no cheats!!!) i think so far i have the best score, i know several people at work who play it and no one seems to get much farther than the 2 million mark... i have 3,783,204. if anyone has beaten this score please submit a screen shot.

a video or it didn't happen. How do we know that wasn't photoshopped?

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago

12-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:

Yeah, almost doubled my highest score. Congrats

I haven't played Touchgrind in a couple weeks because of a glitch that wiped out all my scores and made me start over, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo19 View Post
a video or it didn't happen. How do we know that wasn't photoshopped?
I believe him. I bet we'll start seeing 5 million+ scores sooner or later, anyway...

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-31-2008, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post

I believe him. I bet we'll start seeing 5 million+ scores sooner or later, anyway...
Still want to see a video, maybe I can learn something

some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
12-31-2008, 03:16 PM
I believe him. Mine s 2.5 million. I'll go back and play this today and see if I can top your score

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
12-31-2008, 03:20 PM
well video would be mad annoying, seeing as i reset it if i dont keep a x8, the only way to get that high is to keep a x8 for the entire 100 seconds, i also pulled off 2 99,999 x8 darkslides which are VERY hard to do. might have been luck, but if someone masters the darkslide they can get probably 10,000,000 easy.
12-31-2008, 03:23 PM
i'll try and do a video with my netbook on friday when i get it back (lent it to a friend) but yeah we were actually going to do a segment on it for ComputerTV (i work for them) because they freaked out cuz some people here at work play touchgrind, also it's impossible to cheat on the competition mode, but in jamsession i've seen 1,xxx,xxx,xxx scores. -_-
12-31-2008, 03:57 PM
actually... i borrowed a cam from a friend here at work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoFbGiv-jpY

dont know why i cant embed it here. -_-

Last edited by NME; 12-31-2008 at 04:00 PM.
12-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Quote:
actually... i borrowed a cam from a friend here at work.
cool here is the link if anybody wants to see it http://www.youtube.com/v/XoFbGiv-jpY&hl=en&fs=1 I'm suspicious though, you had a lot of those metal bar thingies is that normal?

some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
12-31-2008, 04:02 PM
what metal bar thingys? the rails? if your wondering why it's because i stick to one area for the most part, the half circle of rails close to the begining, since holds or flip tricks dont grant u as much points and i notice they diminish in value if u repeat too much but yeah i just keep to the half circle of rails.