Baseballoons - Home Run Derby with Bombs and Toons (LF Testers)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jay43K, Oct 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jay43K

jay43K Member

Jun 4, 2017
    #1 jay43K, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    [​IMG]

Hello TA!

This is Baseballoons! It's a home run derby game where you try to hit the ball into as many balloons as possible, while avoiding the bombs. There is a big cast of characters to unlock along the way that will leave you wanting one more swing. =D It's being developed solely by yours truly, and you can follow me on twitter @jay43K for updates or just to say hello!

You have 3 outs, and psst -- if you hit a grand slam you will replenish an out!

The game will be free with a one time IAP to remove ads.

Looking for TestFlight testers right now! Sign up and invites will be going out soon!

Very interested to get more feedback and hear what YOU think would make the game better.

Launching on 01/25/2018!

[​IMG]

2. Looks nice, some kind of baseball Crossy Road :)

3. jay43K

jay43K Member

Jun 4, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Hey everyone!

First batch of TestFlight builds have went out! Sign ups are still available. Sorry for the delay. :eek:

Development is going great and I'm creating lots of weird little things/creatures you can play baseballoons as, and these three characters above were some of the first to be created and hold a special place, and will be the first three characters featured on the app icon.

4. DS Anders

DS Anders Active Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Developer
    Sweden
    Looks cool, I've signed up for the TestFlight beta!

5. jay43K

jay43K Member

Jun 4, 2017
    [​IMG]

Hey all, I've sent out test flights to everyone with the new build! :D Still would like to have more of ya, sign up and try it out!

Been incorporting feedback and polishing the game. Here's a gif of the new pitching machine! Balls are pumped frpm inside the baseballoons island, primed, then pitched!

6. jay43K

jay43K Member

Jun 4, 2017
    Just sent out a new test flight build! Everyone that has signed up should have got an invite, send me a message if you didn't get it.

The iPhone X sort of put a wrench in my schedule and I had to do some trickery in order to get it supported. But that is all sorted and now the game has glorious full screen iPhone X support! Definitely looking for those who have an iPhone X and can test to make sure.

7. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Looks Cool!

8. Grist

Grist Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    VP of Marketing
    Massachusetts
    To the developer: As a TestFlight beta tester of your game, I can report that the most recent update has enhanced what was already a very enjoyable game. When do you plan to submit this to the App Store and activate the Game Center connection?

9. jay43K

jay43K Member

Jun 4, 2017
    Hey all,

Some not great news. Originally I fully intented to get baseballoons out by the holiday (I just completed the last 3 holiday themed characters!) but.. as these things tend to happen, I am forced to delay the game by about a month... This is because of non-game backend logistical crap that I screwed up and am getting fixed, and I hope to be ready as soon as possible!

In the meantime, I'll still be tuning up the game and adding new characters. Have a character idea? Fire it off here! I'll make whatever you want to play as! :p

10. jay43K

jay43K Member

Jun 4, 2017
    #10 jay43K, Jan 9, 2018
    andddd we're good to go!

Baseballoons is launching on --
    1/25/2018!

Thank you so much to everyone who tested and gave feedback, you were so helpful and kind!

[​IMG]

11. jay43K

jay43K Member

Jun 4, 2017
    #11 jay43K, Jan 24, 2018
    IT'S HAPPENING!

I made a mistake and wrote that Baseballoons was launching on the 28th.... actually..

IT LAUNCHES TOMORROW! 1/25/2018

Thank you again to all of the awesome testers here on Touch Arcade. I will be sure to share all future creations with everyone as they progress!

[​IMG]

12. Potato Toot

Potato Toot Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Dec 25, 2017
    Male
    Indie Game Dev
    United States
    I'm sorry I missed out on the TestFlight, but I will definitely be getting this game from the App Store! Looking forward to it, looks like my kind of game. Are you still taking recommendations for characters? (For updates I suppose ;) )

13. jay43K

jay43K Member

Jun 4, 2017
    :D Awesome!

And yes! I'm definitely taking suggestions and have already started the next batch of characters. I'm down to make anything and everything, the wackier the better. If you want to play as a shoe, I'll make it! (Holy crap, I'm definitely making a shoe now :p)