★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ads - Who do you use?

10-05-2017, 08:37 AM
Ads - Who do you use?

Was wondering what ads you guys prefer (ie gives you the best CPM). I have been using AdMob but am not at all happy with their CPM.
10-05-2017, 10:02 AM
All ad networks have their ups and downs. They'll have a good campaign, then it will end, then later they'll get another, and so on. It's best to have multiple networks and mediate them. That way you get the benefit of the ups, and can mitigate the downs.

Using Enhance®, you can now integrate all of the services that different providers offer without ever having to touch an SDK again. With little to NO coding at all and without touching source code, Enhance® is the easiest way to integrate 3rd party services into your project or to keep them up to date. (Ads, Mediation, Analytics, Attribution, Crash Reporting and more) No more SDK integration!!!

For more information on the fastest way to implement and update SDK's, follow the link : http://fgl.io/2lf

Good Luck!

Implement ANY SDK in a few simple steps with Enhance™ : http://fgl.io/2lf

10-05-2017, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGL_Rozek View Post
All ad networks have their ups and downs. They'll have a good campaign, then it will end, then later they'll get another, and so on. It's best to have multiple networks and mediate them. That way you get the benefit of the ups, and can mitigate the downs.

Using Enhance®, you can now integrate all of the services that different providers offer without ever having to touch an SDK again. With little to NO coding at all and without touching source code, Enhance® is the easiest way to integrate 3rd party services into your project or to keep them up to date. (Ads, Mediation, Analytics, Attribution, Crash Reporting and more) No more SDK integration!!!

For more information on the fastest way to implement and update SDK's, follow the link : http://fgl.io/2lf

Good Luck!
ill look into this! thanks!
10-06-2017, 02:18 PM
They're all shit nowadays - there's been a notable downturn over the last six months such that they're no longer viable as way to even earn spending money let alone fund development.

If your app has enough eyes to be earning decent money through ads, but a single $1 iap in it instead and retire to the carribbean island you wish to buy.
10-16-2017, 08:06 PM
Our Appodeal Intelligent Ad Mediation platform is quite popular and effective, especially for mobile games.

Basically, by integrating one SDK, your app will get ads from over 60 ad demand sources (including AdMob, AdColony, UnityAds just to name a few). You can also serve ads in all the major ad formats, including rewarded video ads.

What Appodeal does that no other ad platforms do though is that we insert dynamic pricefloors to increase the ad bid amounts that each ad demand sources need to bid in order to win each impression. (Note that there's an micro auction that takes place before an ad gets served.) All of the ad demand sources would need to compete and outbid each other in order to win the auction, which is how Appodeal is able to deliver higher eCPMs than you would if you only use a few ad network within your app.

In addition to higher ad revenue, game publishers love Appodeal because we free up so much time from needing to manually manage ad networks. They can just focus on developing their games.

Check out our website to learn more.

Cheers!
10-30-2017, 11:44 AM
I'd highly recommend HeyZap or Fyber. They are both ad mediation platforms that essentially shop the ads around to the person who pays the most. It's crazy how much eCPMs differ depending on different factors.

I'd stay away from IronSource, they have really bad support.

Cheers,

Dave
10-30-2017, 11:47 AM
Very interesting suggestions. This requires some further research.
10-30-2017, 09:50 PM
I tried ads initially for "Sprocket". We implemented Chartboost and Applovin. After a month we made $0.62 on the ads and nearly $5 on the IAP to remove them. I decided to ditch the ads and go premium. Best decision of my life.
10-31-2017, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zq7r View Post
I tried ads initially for "Sprocket". We implemented Chartboost and Applovin. After a month we made $0.62 on the ads and nearly $5 on the IAP to remove them. I decided to ditch the ads and go premium. Best decision of my life.
How many ad impressions did you get? I've found the ad vs. paid model depends on the game you're going for. E.x. If you have that burner arcade game and a large user base to download it, you'll make more money off ads. If you're creating a game that more of a hardcore mobile gamer will play, it's easier to to monetize w/ paid apps and IAPs.

Cheers,

Dave