Ninja Scroller - The Awakening (Coming November 30th)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Eageron, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Eageron

Eageron Well-Known Member

May 29, 2015
    Game Development
    Munich
    #1 Eageron, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Hi all,

we are very excited to show you our new game which will be released Thursday, November 30th!

"Even if a man has no natural ability, he can be a warrior."

If this teaser gets you excited and you have any questions please let us know your thoughts! Also, we are currently beta-testing the game on iOS, as well as Android.

[​IMG]

Have a kick azz day everybody! :D

Best,

Markus

2. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    oh yeah! we had Samurai blitz and Sumiken, and i hope this will be just as awesome!
    Monetisation?
    Unlockable characters/ weapons/ abilities/ palettes?
    Different stages/bosses?
    and finally
    Controls? left tap/ right tap?

3. Eageron

May 29, 2015
    Game Development
    Munich
    Kalispera Ramzarules,

Ti kanis? :) First of all, thank you for all these questions. So, we hope we have created one great SideScroller, hope it adds up to your expectation.

Concerning the monetisation we started out with the plan to release it as a premium game. We then skipped to a very honest and fair freemium model. There will be four IAPs (Three gold bundles, Remove Ads). Concerning Ad Monetisation we didn't want to destory our environment so we dismissed banner Ads and went for a fair Interstitial frequency and Rewarded Videos. Any concerns here I will gladly step into even more detail. We are open to any input even on this matter.

The game in its current state comes with three game modes: Missions (Scrolls, Riceballs and Enemies), Quests (Spionage, Supply, Ambush) and Endless (Several different environments). Two general environments: Forest and Sunset (Cherry Blossom) and several different objects: Trees, Bamboo, Toriijs. We are currently adding long range weapons. More costumes are planned for the first update. We really spent a lot of efforts on the different game modes and Level Design. We want the game to be like water :)

We are probably the biggest nerds for Manga's such as Ninja Scroll and famous historical characters like Miyamoto Musashi. I hope this gives you an insight in what to expect. =D

Best

4. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    ha, well done on your Greek use :)

Monetisation, i think it would be fine with this as long as there is also a gold doubler - so ad removal + doubler would be around the premium price point you had initially planned. This would essentially turn it into an opt-in-premium, with the benefit of rewarded ads for people who don't want to pay.

If you couple that with a good amount of initial content and resposive control, it's a win in my book.
    Looking forward to it, good luck!

5. Eageron

May 29, 2015
    Game Development
    Munich
    We have one in our team! :)

This game is a tribute to the good old Shinobi type of games. Therefore, we really wanted to create a game the people love to play, wether they have money to spend or not and not being annoyed with an ad overdose. Your feedback has been added to our list. Be sure it will be a fair system. :)

We will do that. Already back at work again!

Efcharistó polý!

6. Blankito

Blankito Active Member

May 29, 2015
    This looks pretty cool! I have read on Facebook that there is currently a closed Beta running. Any chance to get access?

7. Eageron

May 29, 2015
    Game Development
    Munich
    Hey there,

yes, it is possible. But you don't have too much time left! September 20th we'll close the test. So all feedback after the 20th of September can't be considered for being implemented in the release version anymore.

Please send me a PM.

Best

8. Blankito

Blankito Active Member

May 29, 2015
    Thanks, I have send a PM please check!

9. Eageron

May 29, 2015
    Game Development
    Munich
    Sorry for the late reply! We are quite busy adding the new world, fixing small bugs and including testers feedback! You've been added! Enjoy!

10. Eageron

May 29, 2015
    Game Development
    Munich
    #10 Eageron, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Ninja Scroller: The Awakening (BETA Build 0.5 Changelog)

Hello everybody,

If anybody wants to test the current Build (0.4) and provide us your feedback it is the last call now. Feedback Submission closes on September 20th. However, we will keep the closed BETA up and running. The next Build (0.5) will be coming at the end of September.

New Stuff coming in Build 0.5:

Minor Bug Fixes:
    - Sounds and Music interuptions when skipping Menus.
    - Quests: Double Reward when randomly playing the same environment twice.
    - Missions: No Reward after Mission 9 when finishing with 3 Stars fixed.

Gameplay/Design:
    - Mission 9, 12,15 and 17 have been nerfed a bit.
    - Quests and Endless Environments have been smoothen out.
    - Background Parallax added for additional depth. Minor Animation and Particles added to the world.

Additional Content:
    - New Quests will be added (Jumps)
    - New Environment (Sunset and Rooftop Madness)
    - Long Range Weapons

Thanks to everybody who is testing and gave us valueable feedback. Here a little Tuesday Thought! :)

[​IMG]

Stay tuned, we try to bring the Build as soon as possible!

Thanks again! Have a great day everybody!

11. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I've been having a lot of fun with this. The controls are really tight which is a necessity for this kind of game. The visuals and graphics are spot on as well.

Would love to have some form of ranged weapon as there are times I'll miss a collectable as you have to wait until you are right up against your enemy before killing. Definitely have to play levels a few times and then work from memory so that you get 100%. The scroll.rice ball placements are challenging so have to remember which is the best route to take.

Other than the addition of ranged weapons or maybe a variety of weapons to unlock, I'd say people are really going to enjoy this one.

12. Eageron

May 29, 2015
    Game Development
    Munich
    Hi JPGold,

first of all thank you so much for taking the time to extensively play the game and your feedback provided. We are happy that you enjoy the game. Your feedback is of high value to us and we consider to craft out more some of your points, especially concerning the gameplay. We are currently adding the second world. Adding more levels, endless and quests to the game. Apart from that we are adding three ranged weapons to the game. Expect the build to be up and running soon in November.

Thanks a lot for your precious time!

13. Eageron

May 29, 2015
    Game Development
    Munich
    Hey guys,

the final build 1.4.3 is up and running since last week. We are finally ready for release on Thursday. We are pretty excited.

Here is another teaser with the new environment included.

I want to say thank you very much to all testers and all the feedback that you guys gave us. It was very valueable to us and we are very grateful to you to take your time to check out the game. We hope you will enjoy the game as much as we do. :)

Best,

Markus

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    This is out

Was pumped for this. Not optimized for the X which is kind of a bummer, but assume that will be updated?

15. Eageron

May 29, 2015
    Game Development
    Munich
    #15 Eageron, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    Hey JpGold,

first of all thank you very much for your time you took to BETA-Test, giving inspiration and feedback. We are working hard to provide you the X optimization ASAP! It was a lot work to keep release dates! We will keep you informed! It shouldn't be long! Sorry for this inconvenience! We are on it! :)

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ninja-scroller-the-awakening/id1287421086?ls=1&mt=8

Best,

Markus

16. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    That’s awesome to hear.

Excited for you guys and good luck today!

17. Eageron

May 29, 2015
    Game Development
    Munich
    Thank you very much mate! I keep you posted :)