★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Lothink
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 6.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Review from Touch Arcade
================
"...Overall, this is a really simple game, with cute graphics and sounds, simple gameplay, and global leaderboards. I really enjoyed it as a nice pick up and play type game." --Devilishly Good

Story
===============
Cat, which is a little black cat, first came into the world just before the Halloween Day. And from then on, he started his own adventure in his world.

Stage 1: Halloween Day!!!
First Cat show! Fly in the horrible Halloween world! Take every chance to survive from the bat, crow, even big white ghost! But thanks to the amazing sugars, which helps our lovely Cat overcome all these difficulties. Happy Halloween, every buddy!

**Next Coming:
Stage 2: Modern City!

Game
================
Cat Fly is a very easy to play game, but very fun. Some one said that "it's SIMPLE but ADDICTIVE".

In Cat Fly, you control the Cat, just by tapping the screen , flying over one car after another, eating some special sugars such as "SuperMan Sugar" and "Rocket Sugar", avoiding monsters like bat, crow, even big ghost.

FEATURES:
- Different kind of pumping cars
- "SUPERMAN SUGAR" , "ROKCET SUGAR" and "ENERGY SUGAR" that make you fly further
- Bats, crow, even BIG WHITE GHOSTS!
- Submit score to Twitter, Facebook, or Globle Rank!

HOW TO PLAY:
Simply tap fly!
Double tap fly higher!

Tips:
- During your fly, double tap screen to fly higher
- More cars you fly over,more score you will get
- Yellow sugar makes you fly longer
- Red sugar makes your super cat
- Blue sugar is makes your fly faster
- Smooth landing will double your score

Watch Video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hbZgky4qIE

lothink's comments:

Description:
Halloween Fly is a game made for halloween. Very easy to play, but very fun. Some one said that "it's SIMPLE but ADDICTIVE".

In Halloween Fly, you control the Cat, just by tapping the screen , flying over one car after another, eating some special sugars such as "SuperMan Sugar" and "Rocket Sugar", avoiding monsters like bat, crow , even big ghost.

FEATURES:
- Different kind of pumping cars
- "SUPERMAN SUGAR" , "ROKCET SUGAR" and "TIME SUGAR" that make you fly further
- Bats, crow, even BIG WHITE GHOSTS!
- Submit score to Twitter, Facebook, or Globle Rank!

HOW TO PLAY:
Simply tap the screen to fly!

Tips:
- During your fly, double tap screen to fly higher
- More cars you fly over,more score you will get
- Yellow sugar makes you fly longer
- Red sugar makes your super cat
- Blue sugar is makes your fly faster
- Smooth landing will double your score

Watch Video on youtube:

Youtube link | Pop Up
10-30-2009, 09:13 AM
PM was sent and promo received, i will come back with comments later after I get off work...I do think the art style looks cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

10-31-2009, 01:09 AM
Finally got around to playing this...currently #3 on global leaderboard

The premise is really simply, you want the black kitty to fly as far as possible. If you hit the ground, the game ends. You can only safely land on cars.

To fly, you will have to discover a bit of rhthym. You tap to take off and then I would double tap for altitude, coast for a bit, and then double tap again. You cannot simply just keep this pattern up to keep flying. At the upper left is a power meter that goes down as you're flying and you will either need to land on a vehicle or pick up a yellow candy in order to reset it and keep flying. Also, there are obstacles like birds and bats out there and if you run into either one of those, you will take a dive into the ground.

Landing is pretty easy as well. While in flight, single tap, and the cat whips his cape forward and you'll drop down...you need to time this so that the cat lands on the roof

There are also red candies that give you a superhero makeover and blue candies that will have you rocketing forward at supersonic speed for a short while.

Pros:
-cute graphics and sounds: love the superhero look and the music was simple but fun (it's the same as in the video above)
-local and global leaderboards
-has a good "one more time" factor that had me trying again and again to better my score
-tap to fly was an interestng mechanic, but discovering the right rhthym could take practice

Cons:
-the post game screen showing you your score could use a little polish
-the tapping rhthym can take some getting used to for flying and landing
-if your current flight gets interrupted, you just have to do a new flight...there is no save/continue
-there are no directions given on how to play

Overall, this is a really simple game, with cute graphics and sounds, simple gameplay, and global leaderboards. I really enjoyed it as a nice pick up and play type game.

Quote:
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:

Last edited by Devilishly Good; 10-31-2009 at 11:05 AM.
10-31-2009, 09:21 AM
DOH! I had no idea you could double tap to gain altitude (I did however wonder what that yellow power meter was about)!!!

A help screen would really help here!

What does the red candy do then? What does getting the super-hero makeover do for your kitty?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-31-2009, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
DOH! I had no idea you could double tap to gain altitude (I did however wonder what that yellow power meter was about)!!!

What does the red candy do then? What does getting the super-hero makeover do for your kitty?
...the red candy gives you the super hero makeover...I am not sure what it does for gameplay, but it is really, really cute looking on screen so I love trying to get that red candy

Quote:
Quote:
10-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
...the red candy gives you the super hero makeover...I am not sure what it does for gameplay, but it is really, really cute looking on screen so I love trying to get that red candy
I'm going to assume that it gives you more "bounce for your buck" (temporarily makes it easier to gain altitude).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Quote:
After you get red sugar, you will become a super Cat, and not afraid of the monsters anymore. And it will last 30 secs.
10-31-2009, 11:19 AM
Quote:

Congratulation! You now know how to really play this game~
"Double tap " is the key to play this game! And game will become much fun!
10-31-2009, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothink View Post
After you get red sugar, you will become a super Cat, and not afraid of the monsters anymore. And it will last 30 secs.
...oooooh, I was wondering why I became super cat at one point and then had a long flight and when I landed, it went away. The super cat is very cute.

You should make a non-Halloween version of this game so it will appeal to people all year round...have the cat flying in a busy city and there are cars/trucks in heavy traffic for it to land on.

Quote:
Quote:
10-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Quote:

Quote:
...oooooh, I was wondering why I became super cat at one point and then had a long flight and when I landed, it went away. The super cat is very cute.

You should make a non-Halloween version of this game so it will appeal to people all year round...have the cat flying in a busy city and there are cars/trucks in heavy traffic for it to land on.
Thanks for your advice!! We will seriously consider it!