★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Mars Rover is Released!

10-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Mars Rover is Released!

Our latest game called "MarsRover" is now available on the Iphone App store.
You can find more info here: http://www.redskygames.com
10-30-2009, 10:53 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

10-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Any global high scores in this game ? like openfeint ? I am way more tempted to buy a game with Global high scores
10-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Thanks DG. Is there a new game template I was suppose to fill out?

Good idea, I will try to add global scores in the next version Not sure how the player can get scores in the game play though. If you're interested in reviewing I can send you a promo code. Thanks.
10-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redskygames View Post
Thanks DG. Is there a new game template I was suppose to fill out?

Good idea, I will try to add global scores in the next version Not sure how the player can get scores in the game play though. If you're interested in reviewing I can send you a promo code. Thanks.
i'd love to take a look at your game and provide feedback if you'd like

no there was no template, but to do the posting like i did you just do this:

[ appinfo=all ]itunes link here[/appinfo]

but you must take out the spaces in the first bracket

Quote:
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
10-30-2009, 11:19 AM
watched the video again and see that this game is not really score based so maybe global high scores would not make sense. I assume that the game saves after each level ?
10-30-2009, 11:46 AM
the video sooo reminds me of moon patrol, i really liked that game on our apple ][e

Quote:
Quote:
10-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Yes game saves your progression. You also have the option to reset. Thanks.
10-30-2009, 01:32 PM
This game looks fun. Can anyone who has it comment on the game.
11-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
This game looks fun. Can anyone who has it comment on the game.
I can, I have the game and I really like it, here is the review that I put in itunes. Hope it helps!

First of all, don't listen to the one star review. Whoever wrote that probably just sucked at the game and couldn't take it any more, but this is one really polished game. The controls, which are one of the most important pieces of a game, are excellent and simple: tilt to speed up, slow down, or go in reverse, touch one of two jump buttons (one on each side) to jump (touch and hold then let go to jump, pressing does not make it jump, it's the letting go that does it), press either left or right to apply the brakes (which, by the way, are instantanious, no waiting for the thing to slow down, it just stops, which is really useful), and that's it! Drive your rover through the level, avoid flipping over, don't hit too many mines or bombs, and get to the flag to proceed. The level designs are really good, the art style is fantastic, the physics are also very good, not always completely realistic, but good enough to convince you. There are a decent amount of levels, but they aren't that short. When you get a game over, you must start from the beginning, adding to the challenge, and because of this, the few levels that are included seem to last awhile (I haven't beaten them all yet). As is, the game is definately worth a buck, or even two, but with future updates, I would pay three or more for it. The developer has talent, and I would hate to see that talent go to waste. He has the potential to make some of the better games on the device because he has vision. For an indie game, this one sure is polished and fun, and it is well worth your time and money, so give it a go, and you might just be amazed.