★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Time Recoil is a top-down shooter where you kill to slow time, dominate slow motion gunfights, and trigger devastating special moves.

The satisfaction of punching through walls while time slows down is beyond words to describe - you must experience it yourself! Originally created for PCs and consoles, Time Recoil offers a rarely seen experience on mobile. Choose between innovative single-stick touch controls or use your MFi-controller!

Time Recoil is a high end game filled with massive explosions, destructible environment, countless bullets and rich AI behavior. The game is playable with older devices like the iPhone 5, 5c or 1st gen iPad mini, but optimally you should use a device released less than two years ago.

- Unique slow motion gun fights
- Story mode with over 50 hand crafted levels
- Time Attack mode with leaderboards and star challenges
- Completely destructible environment
- A wide array of enemy types & weapons
- MFI controller support & Game Center achievements

Time Recoil was created by 10tons - the company behind the cult hit games Crimsonland and Neon Chrome.

BigDich's comments:

10-18-2017, 08:34 AM
Spending the last of my iTunes...right now.

AKA: rich_952000
I'm active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Follow me for randomness
@_rIcHrAnDoM_ Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

10-18-2017, 08:51 AM
Holy wow....this game is sick.

Do not think, just download.
10-18-2017, 09:30 AM
I like this but wish they could have made it dual stick. I think the console versions are. I understand the need for buttons for certain things but Neon Chrome has both and it worked fine.

Anyway, minor thing but I just like moving with one stick and shooting with another.

Maybe they can add an option for those that like it?
10-18-2017, 10:37 AM
Yeah i prefer dual stick but i didnt realise it was the devs behind Crimsonland and Neon Chrome, two dual stick classics so they must have their reasons as they're great at dual stick games. Think i'll buy this shortly anyway as i love these devs
10-18-2017, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony78 View Post
I like this but wish they could have made it dual stick. I think the console versions are. I understand the need for buttons for certain things but Neon Chrome has both and it worked fine.

Anyway, minor thing but I just like moving with one stick and shooting with another.

Maybe they can add an option for those that like it?
I beta tested this and I can answer this for you(hopefully); there is true twin stick if you play with a mfi controller. However, with touch controls it has a lock on to automatically hone in on your foes. So think of it as as a auto aim sort of. Its very fast paced and I believe that twin sticks would be a bit too much for this title(opinion).

Best way to sum up this game is-its Mr. Shifty(Nintendo Switch) but tons more action and a great storyline.

Game Center-probum

Twitter-@filmngamegeek71
10-18-2017, 12:02 PM
Neon Chrome but with a twist I TestFlight this game and really enjoy the game the move were you can move door objects to solve tricky situations are nice and needed to kill the enemies people that liked NC will like this I surely did like Time Recoil and still play it when I have some free time.
10-18-2017, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professionalbum View Post
I beta tested this and I can answer this for you(hopefully); there is true twin stick if you play with a mfi controller. However, with touch controls it has a lock on to automatically hone in on your foes. So think of it as as a auto aim sort of. Its very fast paced and I believe that twin sticks would be a bit too much for this title(opinion).
Interesting. I played a little am didnt think it was faster than something like Neon Chrome. Actually with the time slowing down, its well, slower, at times.

Dont know. Maybe it does make a difference here. I just like aiming myself.
10-18-2017, 12:36 PM
Planning to pick up Jydge on Switch when it releases tomorrow. Will probably wait til this hits Switch as well, as much as I liked Neon Chrome on iOS.
10-18-2017, 12:52 PM
Loving this. Controls work really well. The auto aim isnt an issue st all. Enjoying the story so far and talking to the various people. Well worth picking up