★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: [NEW GAME] Explosion! FREE

10-30-2009, 04:33 PM
[NEW GAME] Explosion! FREE

iTunes URL: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=335938083&mt=8
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SonXXkfApo0
Official Site: http://iphone.digitalfun.it/games/explosion/

Are you ready for the final Explosion on iPhone?
After the huge success achieved in Italy:
#1 Top Paid Game
#1 Top Paid Trivia Game
#1 Top Paid Word Game

Explosion! FREE is a modern and explosive variant of the classic Hangman game! Find out the secret defuse codes before the bomb explodes!

Explosion! FREE is a skill game that will try out your memory, reflexes and timing in an attempt to defuse a dangerous bomb, before it esplodes! Thanks to the e-Defuser™ in fact, you can enter certain codes, using the keypad, in order to prevent the explosion. Find the highest number of hidden words, organized into different categories, as fast as you can… but be careful! Guess each word before time runs out, otherwise the bomb will esplode, ending your game! It won’t be an easy task to decipher the sequence of 50 hidden words, because after each error (wrong letter) the timer will increase its speed, getting you closer and closer to a very explosive epilogue!

Most important features:

> A database of thousands words updated every week
> 10 different word categories (Actors, Animals, Cities, Countries, Food, History, Music, History, Sports, Technology and Things)
> Amazing animations and sounds
> Online and local rankings

Last edited by digitalfun; 10-30-2009 at 05:02 PM.
10-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
email sent

Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.
12-10-2009, 12:40 PM
thanks for the code.

my impressions:

it has a great graphical style, and the gameplay is the simple hangman type but with a nice and well executed little bomb mechanic behind it.

basically this game does exactly what it says on the tin and does it well. the keyboard is very good considering how this can usually be a problem when games make their own version instead of using the apple one. and as mentioned the graphics are very fun and engaging.

but i have to say one big problem i have with it, is the fact its too hard (for me). i played 20 times before i finally got one right, and then it just felt like luck as i happened to get a few letters before the timer went crazy and i was able to guess it.

basically it feels like the timer accelerates too fast for me right now and thus right now i dont see myself playing it. if there was a difficulty choice that would make this game a very nice little package.

right now i would give it 3/5 but overall it would be a 4/5 if the difficulty options were there, and i would definitely play it offen too. as it is though, i probably wont be playing it again.