★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Poor Reviews

10-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Poor Reviews

I havent been touch gaming like I used to, but I'm still browsing my usual sites and reading reviews. And I've been noticing some pretty shitty reviews lately.

Sorry about the insult TA. My mistake.

Here is the review from 148:
http://www.148apps.com/reviews/33rd-division/

This is 148apps review of 33rd Division. Why do I think its shitty? Because it fails to mention any flaw in the game, yet only gives it 3 1/2 stars. How can you take away stars, yet neglect to mention a single reason why you took away stars?

So why am I writing this? One, because I'm grumpy tonight. And two, because I've noticed increasing amounts of these reviews on sites that I have always known to have solid reviews.

Does anybody agree with me?

Last edited by JoshC.; 10-30-2009 at 06:25 PM.
10-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Well, I understand what you are saying, but you also have to know that people spend their time writing a review, you know. If you did it and someone called you that s**** word, I bet you wouldn't be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
If you check this guy's post records you see:
1. Has interests in RPG games in general and: 2. Trolls iPads & PSP 3. Abusive use of the word 'dumb' and its variants

10-30-2009, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC. View Post
I havent been touch gaming like I used to, but I'm still browsing my usual sites and reading reviews. And I've been noticing some pretty shitty reviews lately. Both on TA and 148.
Heres the first that I'd like to point out:
http://toucharcade.com/2009/10/27/ra...e-rally-racer/

This is TAs review of Rally Master Pro. Why do I think its shitty? Because it fails to mention the only thing I care about when looking at an Iphone racing game: the AI. Real Racing obviously set the bar extremely high with its crisp graphics and the genius AI; so one would only inquire the extent of the AI when comparing games with similar styles and graphics.
Uh, there is no AI in Rally Master Pro....it's a Rally game. You race solo against the clock. Doh!
10-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
Uh, there is no AI in Rally Master Pro....it's a Rally game. You race solo against the clock. Doh!
lol fail

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
10-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Ok... Rally Master Pro is a rally game, so it is based on time trials. There aren't any opponents. No AI. And 33rd Division, they gave the gameplay rating 3 1/2 stars, and the replay value 3 stars, so that lowered the score. So, they probably didn't feel compelled to play again over and over. That is what was bad about the game. They weren't bad reviews....

Edit: Beat me too it :P

Playing: Doodle Jump, Labyrinth 2, Compression, Tetris
10-30-2009, 06:02 PM
Quote:
I havent been touch gaming like I used to, but I'm still browsing my usual sites and reading reviews. And I've been noticing some pretty shitty reviews lately. Both on TA and 148.

This is TAs review of Rally Master Pro. Why do I think its shitty? Because it fails to mention the only thing I care about when looking at an Iphone racing game: the AI. Real Racing obviously set the bar extremely high with its crisp graphics and the genius AI; so one would only inquire the extent of the AI when comparing games with similar styles and graphics.
You are an epic fail. Rally games don't need AI. It's a goddamn RALLY? Or do you not know what a RALLY is?
10-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Quote:

Here is the other review I would like to point out:
http://www.148apps.com/reviews/33rd-division/

This is 148apps review of 33rd Division. Why do I think its shitty? Because it fails to mention any flaw in the game, yet only gives it 3 1/2 stars. How can you take away stars, yet neglect to mention a single reason why you took away stars?

So why am I writing this? One, because I'm grumpy tonight. And two, because I've noticed increasing amounts of these reviews on sites that I have always known to have solid reviews.

Does anybody agree with me?
Fail.No. hahahahahaha
10-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Quote:
This is TAs review of Rally Master Pro. Why do I think its shitty? Because it fails to mention the only thing I care about when looking at an Iphone racing game: the AI.
Signature worthy
10-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Well lets see. If I'm the average guy who doesnt know what Rally Racing is, how am I supposed to know its all time trials?

And yxkpro. I understand that. But they dont mention anything about it in the actual article. I feel that if you are going to deduct points from a game, specifics should be given in the review.

And Real Racing Fan. I'm not saying this to be an ass, I'm just pointing out that the reviews need more work. But after learning that there is no competition in Rally Racing, it is my fault. I just would think thats important to mention in the article because most probably dont know that about the sport.
10-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Fair enough