★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Nitrome
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 205.1 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 3.5 (2)
App description: Take on Dracula and his legion of monsters in this turn based action puzzle platformer.

Features:
Turn based movement with all the action of a platformer.
Time is in your control, time moves when you do!
Solve devious puzzles hidden within spooky graveyards and haunted castles!
Discover and exploit monsters weaknesses.
Collect the bonus holy cross for an extra hard challenge!
Easy swipe based controls.
A PERFECT game for Halloween!

Time to Die... One step at a time!

Boardumb's comments:

10-26-2017, 02:10 PM
A turn based platformer?!?!

Fricking genius!!!!!

10-27-2017, 05:26 AM
only saw this because of AKD (legend) on twitter. Love it - one thing - i can't find a way to buy out the ads. Can anyone?
10-27-2017, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
only saw this because of AKD (legend) on twitter. Love it - one thing - i can't find a way to buy out the ads. Can anyone?
Nope, not possible for me to buy the game either. There is also no screen orientation (homebutton on the right on my iphone 7) and i'm not able to move on in the levels as supposed. I cleared 1-8 (with the cross) and then jumped over to 12-15 (with the cross). The rest stays locked. If i restart the game, it always throws me into, what i guess to be the last level 24, because i killed the vampire with the holy water and a screenshot showed up with a phrase from Nietzsche. (Don't ask me how i did it. I didn't see the whole screen, lol)

It seems to be a "filler game" in the very good and damn challenging vain of Hitman/Lara Croft GO but rushed out by quiet a bit. Very unusual for Nitrome. Maybe they're concentratet too much on Tower Fortress (damn i'm looking forward so much to that pearl!)

Playing on iphone 7, ios version 10.3.3
10-27-2017, 12:01 PM
They said on twitter they rushed to get this approved and released in time for Halloween, and that an update is already in the queue which will add an ad removal IAP and fix some other stuff. So that's why it seems a little less polished for a Nitrome game.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
10-27-2017, 12:06 PM
No screen orientation, no way to buy out of ads, annoying gimmick... junk so far
10-27-2017, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyClash View Post
No screen orientation, no way to buy out of ads, annoying gimmick... junk so far
Theres a post above which explains the ad situation. As for screen rotation it doesnt need it as its the right way. Home button is on the right. Thats the norm
10-27-2017, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
They said on twitter they rushed to get this approved and released in time for Halloween, and that an update is already in the queue which will add an ad removal IAP and fix some other stuff. So that's why it seems a little less polished for a Nitrome game.
fantastic news, which reminds me of my only halloween joke.

What do rednecks do at Halloween?

Pump kin.

Sorry!
10-27-2017, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
There’s a post above which explains the ad situation. As for screen rotation it doesn’t need it as it’s the right way. Home button is on the right. That’s the norm
The right way to hold the device is the way you want to hold the device. There's no "norm," and don't presume to tell us we're doing it wrong. I hold iPads and iPhones in different orientations to keep a plugged-in headphone from interfering with my grip.
10-27-2017, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
As for screen rotation it doesn’t need it as it’s the right way. Home button is on the right. That’s the norm
I am left handed (not sure if that matters). I like the home button on the left side. I like the volume rockers to be positioned at the top... no questions asked.. always... all games need screen orientation..

But yeah, a lot of it has to do with headphones and charging too..

Last edited by JohnnyClash; 10-27-2017 at 01:12 PM.