★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

IPhoneX Sold out in 35minutes lol

10-27-2017, 03:01 AM
IPhoneX Sold out in 35minutes lol

On apple.com 35minutes after 3amEST the ship date slipped to 3-4weeks

Gamecenter : taeles
11-01-2017, 03:49 AM
Hello Taeles

That's really interesting, isn't it? The iPhone X is positioned just like the high-end MacBook Pros, not for mass consumption but rather for early adapters and for those who want the best, no matter the price. I've heard that the product has been very slow due to FaceID. I don't think it is intentional scarcity as I've studied the model (it is usually used for products that generally sell during holiday season) and it doesn't make a lot of sense for iPhones, as far as I'm concerned.

11-02-2017, 03:57 AM
I hope people who buy those phones contribute a small amount to charity
11-04-2017, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbs07 View Post
I hope people who buy those phones contribute a small amount to charity
Why on earth would they need to do that ? Go back a few years and people would think we’re mad for buying £300-500 priced phones. Did we have to give to charity then ? Should people give to charity if they buy an expensive car or house ?

Last edited by psj3809; 11-04-2017 at 05:18 AM.
11-04-2017, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Why on earth would they need to do that ? Go back a few years and people would think we’re mad for buying £300-500 priced phones. Did we have to give to charity then ? Should people give to charity if they buy an expensive car or house ?
People are getting so much hate for spending $1,000 on this phone. Yet, most will spend that and more on coffee in a year (or insert any other random luxury/habit/hobby).

So many seem to forget that phones are used for work. Some seem to forget that not everyone buys a 'family camera' now b/c of these newer phones. I could list things for hours.

This pretentious "how sick to spend $XX on Y device" is getting old. I'm not eligible until May, so I'm not on the X train yet, but I'm looking forward to getting one. But I'm 100% over these smug posts. Reddit is full of them and almost each one gets shut down by commenters telling the OP to get off their high horse.

If you want the phone and can afford it, get to it. If not, stop bashing those who do get it. I haven't seen a SINGLE post from someone who bought the X saying "you cheap peons that are beneath me, how dareth thou for even glancing in my powerful X's direction"

I'll stop ranting, sorry.

If you'd like me to beta test your app, PM me for TestFlight info.

Last edited by cabuckn; 11-04-2017 at 08:20 AM. Reason: punctuation
11-04-2017, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabuckn View Post
People are getting so much hate for spending $1,000 on this phone. Yet, most will spend that and more on coffee in a year (or insert any other random luxury/habit/hobby).

So many seem to forget that phones are used for work. Some seem to forget that not everyone buys a 'family camera' now b/c of these newer phones. I could list things for hours.

This pretentious "how sick to spend $XX on Y device" is getting old. I'm not eligible until May, so I'm not on the X train yet, but I'm looking forward to getting one. But I'm 100% over these smug posts. Reddit is full of them and almost each one gets shut down by commenters telling the OP to get off their high horse.

If you want the phone and can afford it, get to it. If not, stop bashing those who do get it. I haven't seen a SINGLE post from someone who bought the X saying "you cheap peons that are beneath me, how dareth thou for even glancing in my powerful X's direction"

I'll stop ranting, sorry.
Amen. (And yes, I got mine yesterday. It’s awesome).
11-04-2017, 04:46 PM
lmfao the hate for what people do with their hard earned cash.

yes 1000 bucks is a lot for a smartphone, but some people actually slave away day and night to afford luxuries on themselves and their family. plus not everyone changes phones like they change diapers. maybe that 1000 price tag is reasonable to them if they don't plan on spending a dime on a phone for the next 5 years.

and also because f*** the entitlement people have towards people who spend what they want however they want. if you're that envious towards them then don't get married and poop out 6 shitheads. the world is overpopulated as it is.
11-04-2017, 10:53 PM
-looks up at the arguments for and against this phones price-
-shrugs-

I just like mine because its cool and after the 6, 7 and 8 it actually feels like something ‘different’ from apple

Gamecenter : taeles
11-06-2017, 12:10 AM
Biggest over-rated phones with outrageous prices! Some Android phones have better specs without the ridiculous price tag. Samsung actually makes their screens for them. I’m happy where I’m at and for now, and I can spend my cash on other stuff!

Last edited by bigrand1; 11-06-2017 at 12:14 AM.
11-13-2017, 12:40 AM
well look at that , and what happened with googles pixel launch i believe they are still trying to get their stuff together. All this despite iphones part in the uber scandal. People are really impressionabil