★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best Music Game

View Poll Results: Best Rythm/Music Game
ROCK BAND (6.99) 10 43.48%
Guitar Rock Tour 2 (3.99) 1 4.35%
TTR3(0.99) 12 52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll
10-30-2009, 08:35 PM
#1
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 671
Best Music Game

Which of These are Best. I only plan on buying one.

Hi there!
10-30-2009, 08:40 PM
#2
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: California
Posts: 2,348
I have been on the fence about buying Rock Band, but in the back of my mind I knew it would get a price drop. It's worth the $7.

Everyone in my family has an iPhone so we can use bluetooth and play together!

The graphics are amazing, everything's polished. I've had to do a hard reboot once due to lag. Other than that the music is great, especially hooked up to external sound source!

TTR3 is nice but I think the last version had better graphics.

Hope you make the right choice and spend a little more and go with Rock Band, you'll have hours and hours of fun!

Good Luck!

10-30-2009, 08:48 PM
#3
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,418
I would choose Rock Band over the other 2.

Even then, the note recognition in rock band isn't great, so you'll end up hittin duff notes often. As a game though, Rock Band is brilliantly made and presented.

Currently Playing: Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer, Summoner Wars

Game Center: Camzeee
10-30-2009, 09:03 PM
#4
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 671
I agree it looks best. But I would need 10 more cents on my itunes card
I might get another one if it wins this though.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2spoon View Post
I have been on the fence about buying Rock Band, but in the back of my mind I knew it would get a price drop. It's worth the $7.

Everyone in my family has an iPhone so we can use bluetooth and play together!

The graphics are amazing, everything's polished. I've had to do a hard reboot once due to lag. Other than that the music is great, especially hooked up to external sound source!

TTR3 is nice but I think the last version had better graphics.

Hope you make the right choice and spend a little more and go with Rock Band, you'll have hours and hours of fun!

Good Luck!

Hi there!
10-30-2009, 09:07 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,242
I have all 3 and i have to say that rock band beats them all by a mile. It has some great songs and smooth gameplay.
10-30-2009, 09:11 PM
#6
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchgamer3g View Post
I have all 3 and i have to say that rock band beats them all by a mile. It has some great songs and smooth gameplay.
Yeah. I might spend the extra money but TTR3 seems good for a dollar.

Hi there!
10-30-2009, 09:14 PM
#7
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by itman View Post
Yeah. I might spend the extra money but TTR3 seems good for a dollar.
All of the songs in TTR3 you have to pay at least a dollar for and the song packs are 6. The free songs they give are not good. You will end up paying more in TTR3 than you would in rock band!
10-30-2009, 09:15 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,208
Ahem *cough cough Beatrider cough*

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
10-30-2009, 09:56 PM
#9
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Ahem *cough cough Beatrider cough*
My opinion on BeatRider:

10-30-2009, 09:58 PM
#10
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: California
Posts: 1,257
Send a message via AIM to Outkast1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
My opinion on BeatRider:

Kamazar admit it, you've been waiting all day for a chance to post that jpg