★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Hands-On Mobile
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 23.0 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Winner of The Portable Gamer Picks of 2009 Award

hdn - Bit flippin fun!

******* WHAT THE WORLD IS SAYING *******

The fact that bitFLIP is flanked by a killer soundtrack is just icing; it will appeal to any genre fan (like me). 8/10 (Impressive), Levi Buchanan, IGN.com

it makes itself essential by being intuitive, refreshing, and altogether one big synergistic delightbitFLIP does an outstanding job of taking an established concept and overhauling it to a near-unrecognizable degreeconsider bitFLIP an essential download. Cole Jones, The Tilt, 1up.com

"[bitFLIP] is a puzzle game that's really well suited to the iPhone .. it's a trip. Nice one to sorta zone out and not think for a while." - Justin McElroy, Joystiq.com

Mixing interesting puzzle mechanics, great music, a truly unique (and often beautiful) visual presentation, and a variety of gameplay options, I can confidently say that there's more than enough enjoyable gaming to be had here to warrant your two bucks. - Ben Gilbert, Joystiq.com

Although essentially a match-three variant, bitFlip brings a bunch of style and some welcome innovation to the mix. (4/5 stars) - Robert Corra, 148Apps.com

The fact that I have been coming back to it every couple days another iPhone puzzle game in an endless sea of iPhone puzzle games means I like what I see. (4/5) - Joe Fourhman, Aeropause.com

A new FLIP on the classic match-three genre! bitFLIP combines quality aesthetics and sound to create a fun and frantic take on a game that we all enjoy. Play with your earbuds and get lost in the experience.

Match three or more pieces by swapping bits on the grid. For a real advantage, double tap to flip bits and clear the layer below.

Head-to-Head multiplayer over bluetooth or WIFI brings the excitement to a whole new level.

With three modes of game play, three grid sizes and three difficulty settings, bitFLIP is poised to challenge any gamer.

The soundtrack features and introduces up and coming electronic musician Robert Clouth. You can download the soundtrack for free at http://www.tapme.info or try out our in-game media player that doubles as an interactive art piece.

Please let us know what you think by visiting http://metamoorephosis.com! Your feedback is always important to us.

1.1 Update includes:
- Performance enhancements on iPhone Classic and 3G models
- Online Leaderboards & iComplishments
- Surprises :)

Support hdn and check out: iBailout!!, Hospital Havoc, Karnival, and Seven Wonders: Quest for Koh-i-noor or go to developer.handson.com to start your own hdn experience!

Follow us on Twitter @HandsOn_Ent and @TapMe
Follow us on Facebook at Facebook.com/handson
10-30-2009, 09:04 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

10-31-2009, 12:03 AM
I picked this up. Played through the tutorial and 1 game and it's awesome.

Very original game
10-31-2009, 12:05 AM
Game looks interesting, but for 2.99?

I need a lite.
10-31-2009, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
I picked this up. Played through the tutorial and 1 game and it's awesome.

Very original game
Agreed =D ... I think it's a more dynamic version of another game here, "Flipside" I think? It does offer more game modes and I think extends the lifespan of the game somewhat. I've had a chance to listen to the accompanying music but hopefully that'll happen tonight.

However... I do think that they could polish up in a number of areas; firstly, the tutorial text looks horrible - surely the developer must have noticed this - it could be much smoother - "anti-aliasing" I think it's called? Secondly, the 'widget' that flips the 'bits' on the main playing field, well.. the same here, it has these horribly jagged edges to it which I think is a shame as it detracts slightly from all the hard work that clearly the developer has put into it.

Overall, it's a game I would recommend though, hopefully I'll also get a chance to multiplay with another and see how that pans out. Now, just hoping the developer can sort out the graphics in those two areas..
10-31-2009, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Consider us on it.

Free(Lite) version is on its way.
10-31-2009, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMP View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. Consider us on it.

Free(Lite) version is on its way.
...awesome, nice to know the developer's here It's a great game but I feel the graphics is just a little too "sharp"... if everything was given a very slight 'glow' then it would fit in to much better with the music and the feel of the game.

Lookin' forward to the update mentioned!
10-31-2009, 02:24 AM
Yeah the "switch" was a challenge to pull off as we got ready for release but it something we want to improve on.

The update is going to bring online leaderboards and iComplishments (achievements) and some other fun goodies.

Keep the feedback coming we are all ears.
10-31-2009, 02:22 PM
Hey if any of you guys wants to help us beta test the update please head over to http://Metamoorephosis.com and use the contact form to send us a UDID. We have limited slots so first come first serve.
10-31-2009, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMP View Post
Hey if any of you guys wants to help us beta test the update please head over to http://Metamoorephosis.com and use the contact form to send us a UDID. We have limited slots so first come first serve.
Congrats on bitFlip! The game looks extremely fun; I'm ready to hit the purchase button and support a fellow HDN developer!

I'm interested in helping you do some beta testing...I'll fill out your form ASAP.