• Publisher: ngmoco, Inc.
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 82.8 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: Bring it anytime, anywhere in the first online FPS that fits in your pocket.

Engage in multiplayer first-person combat against real players from around the world. Your goal is simple: put the most advanced weapons systems to the ultimate test against real player combatants. Earn credits based on your performance, buy upgrades and better gear and compete to be the warrior in the ELIMINATE weapons research program.

Playable over 3G or Wi-Fi, ELIMINATE invites you to join ranked competitions against other players in a variety of high fidelity arenas through the Plus+ Network. Send challenges to your friends using Push Notification and they can join your game with a press of a button whether theyre currently in the game or not.

CUSTOMIZE YOUR ATTACK
-Earn credits, level up and tweak out your highly customizable gear including futuristic weapons, personalized armor rigs and upgradable gear characteristics.

DEATHMATCH ANYWHERE
-Experience fast, fluid, First-Person competitive combat on your iPhone and iPod Touch.
-Play ELIMINATE with ease through a seamless global matchmaking system over Wi-Fi or 3G networks.
-Stay connected with Plus+ enabled friend list invites, leader boards and awards.

BE THE BEST
-Master multiple combat arenas, each with its own unique play styles and strategies.
-Work your way to the top by leveling up and upgrading your weapons and armor.
-Exploit jet packs, berserker shields, cloaking devices and a variety of cunning power-ups.
-Track your progress with Plus+ enabled leader boards and awards.

NEXT GENERATION GAMEPLAY
-Stunning 3-D characters, environments and combat visuals including normal map rendering on 3Gs devices
-Intuitive Touch Anywhere controls deliver next generation FPS movement and combat control using the multi-touch capabilities of the iPhone or iPod touch.

Arsenal Megacorp is ready for you, enlist today.

ELIMINATE is powered by Plus+, the premiere social network experience for players on the go.

Visit http://eliminate.ngmoco.com for the latest videos and information.

Designed for iPhone OS 3.0
OS 3.1 recommended.

Hardware requirements:
iPhone 3G or better
iPod Touch (2nd generation) or better
*Not recommended for 1st generation iPhone or iPod touch devices
*Network connection required
Eliminate is available exclusively on the iPhone and iPod touch by ngmoco:)

mjmoco's comments:
CO-OP IS HERE: iTunes Link

Youtube link | Pop Up

First Details on CO-OP
Touch Arcade: Ngmoco's Eliminate Pro to Get Co-Op Mode
Arsenal Megacorp Requests Assistance from all Eliminate Employees
How to play Eliminate Co-Op

Bring it. Anytime. Anywhere.
http://eliminate.ngmoco.com/

Eliminate is a 4-player, console-like, online shooter from ngmoco. You can frag your friends from any place that has Wi-Fi or 3G. It's also FREE.

GET IT NOW! Get Eliminate here. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.

Introducing new weaponry and the PRO series for elite employees

The Titan Jr. and Titan PRO
The Devastator Jr. and Devastator Pro
The Mag-Rail and Mag-rail Pro
Offworlder Armorset

Details on 1.1 update
Touch Arcade -- http://toucharcade.com/2009/12/05/ex...-1-1-features/

NEW MAP: RIG

Youtube link | Pop Up

NEW MAP: RUNOFF

Youtube link | Pop Up

Get wet in RUNOFF, our new map that features both land and water elements. Gain elevation in this vertically stacked map to snipe at players below – or dive into the water to escape fire and snag powerups. Runoff is great for gravity gunning, jumping, sniping, and swimming.

DUALCANNON PROTOTYPE

The DualCannon packs two powerful blasts dealt in quick succession. More damage per plasma node than its Plasma Cannon cousin, but it takes longer to reload.

map reskin: FROSTBITE

As if holidays with the family wasn’t enough bedlam, we’ve decked out Bedlam in an icy surprise.

Reviews

Eliminate is not a scam TouchArcade: Everything You Need to Know About Eliminate

User Review on iTunes
"It feels wrong that this game is free... I feel like I stole something."

Pocket Full of Apps Review

Need More Info?

Official Trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Press Previews
Pocket Gamer Preview
IGN Preview
Touch Arcade Hands-On

"Yeah, I definitely was expecting it to be awesome... I just wasn't prepared for how awesome it actually was." --
Eli Hodapp, Touch Arcade

Producer Chris Plummer talks Eliminate.

Eliminate Community Day

***kmacleod's impressions***

Shooting and aiming are the two most important parts of any FPS, and I'm happy to say that Eliminate handles them flawlessly. All control modes feel natural, and the whole thing is very easy to pick up and play.

"After playing the game for about an hour, I'm absolutely convinced that the game is going to be one of the flagship games for the iPhone, in terms of success and in terms of quality, and I'll be buying it the second it goes on sale."

Part 1
Part 2

Live Roundtable with the ngmofos -- GamerTagRadio

Gamer Tag Radio Episode #211 -- Eliminate

Thunderbolt Games

"After sitting down and playing Eliminate, I can say without hesitation that these are the best FPS controls seen on this platform yet."

"Perhaps the most impressive thing, beyond the fluid controls, was the graphics engine. There’s nothing like this running on the iPhone/iTouch right now."

Thunderbolt Games

Sarcastic Gamer

"I was astonished by how natural the controls felt. It was my first experience with an iPhone/iPod touch game, but I managed to acclimate without much difficulty."

"The small maps facilitate close-quarters combat, ensuring constant engagement and tense shootouts. Environmental hazards add to the action, forcing players to mind their surroundings, while also fending off enemies. One moment you’re chasing an adversary; the next you’re a red smudge, courtesy of a horizontal wall press."

Sarcastic Gamer

Gearheads of War

"The game overall is something that is fun and very addicting to play with your friends or against the world."

"After playing for about a half hour I was starting to do very well with getting some double kills and using the power ups to my advantage. I was quickly creating enemies and going around trying to hunt down some of the other players that were kicking my butt."

Gearheads of War

Gearlive

"ELIMINATE offers an amazing online FPS mobile experience. Simple controls and interfaces allow you to pick up your device and start playing anywhere, while giving you a satisfactory gaming experience...for a game running on an iPhone or iPod touch over 3G or Wi-Fi, it’s pretty darn solid. "

App.Tapper

Gaming Nexus

"This ambitious new title is an FPS entitled Eliminate, and after getting some serious hands on time with the game I can say that as soon as the game releases I will finally have something other than tower defense games on my iPod Touch. A lot of things can be done with a touch screen, but one genre I could never imagine being well implemented on that type of interface was the first person shooter. Until now. "

"The weapons are one of Eliminate’s strongest features, because they look and feel great to use. There’s a large variety in the weapon selection as well, varying between laser guns, assault rifles, and rocket launchers to the more imaginative plasma cannons and gravity hooks."

Gaming Nexus

VIDEOS:
KillTest Trailer

Eliminate Intro Vid

Weapons Trailer

Armor Trailer

Eliminated Teaser Vid

Upgrades trailer

Eliminate on the ngmoshow
part 1--upgrades and matchmaking
part 2--energy
part 3--Walkthrough of the upgrades system
practice mode

Eliminate Fan Kit

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eliminate-pro/id318760264?mt=8
05-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Was ranked 3rd in the world at one point, but in the end ngmoco totally butchered this, along with the rest of their games.

Nevertheless there were a lot of good times the first few months this game came out. Lots of drama, clans, and a whole community was formed around this game, and every section of TA was dominated by Eliminate posts. Too bad ngmoco decided to bring out so many "balance" changes that they broke their own game.

RIP my $10 worth of unused power cells.

the fun ends here

Last edited by The Bat Outta Hell; 05-02-2012 at 12:52 PM.
09-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
Nevertheless there were a lot of good times the first few months this game came out. Lots of drama, clans, and a whole community was formed around this game, and every section of TA was dominated by Eliminate posts.
God, id love to have that back rather than 1000 of upcoming games together.

12-04-2012, 02:13 AM
sum1 should make/host private elim servers

.......and make it vaps only
12-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvphantasy View Post
sum1 should make/host private elim servers

.......and make it vaps only
on 2nd thought.. why not just make our own quake3* mod that plays similar to eliminate + import the maps?
. . . .
.. .. .. ..
... ... ... ...

click_n.melt_ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WFq6BrUBPw

Last edited by Pvphantasy; 12-05-2012 at 01:07 AM.
07-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Any reason this game is not available anymore?
07-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by replicanttheory View Post
Any reason this game is not available anymore?
Ngmoco. Nuff said.
11-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Is there a workaround or something to get this now? Let me know.
11-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear-man View Post
Is there a workaround or something to get this now? Let me know.
lol. For what reason?

Error 404. Signature can not be displayed.
03-30-2015, 03:35 PM
First of all, sorry for necroing old game threads, but I'm having a little nostalgia trip.

Anyway, Eliminate pro is sometimes still mentioned in some FPS threads when controls are being discussed as having one of the best, if not the best control schemes in a FPS on a touch device, and rightfully so. This post is for people who haven't played Eliminate, but want to at least have some knowledge when "Eliminate pro controls" are mentioned in other game threads.

I ripped this video from the Eliminate pro install files, because I couldn't find it on youtube and I didn't want it to be lost forever.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Some of the controls aren't demonstrated in the video, so I would just like to describe those as well.

Tap the crosshair to zoom (scope). Tap again to unzoom.
Double tap the reload button to switch to the secondary weapon.
Shake the phone to loot when over a body. This might seem like an odd mechanic, but it was pretty fantastic. You weren't required to loot credits from other players, it was completely optional. You could get a ton of credits from looting, but it was also very, very risky. Before looting you had to make sure nobody else was around you and while shaking the phone all you could do is hope that you wouldn't be dead by the time you stop looting. *Shake* *Quick look* *Shake* *Quick look* *Shake* *Quick look*... This mechanic added a lot of tension to the game, if you decided to make use of it.

As you can see the GUI was very minimal, when idle, it only displayed the crosshair, the reload icon and the directional pad (and even the last one could be hidden in options). But even with that minimal GUI you could walk/look/jump/loot/zoom/reload/switch weapon/burst fire/repeat fire/pause etc.

Information like ammo/health/kills/power-up cooldowns was only displayed when it actually mattered.

GUI comparison:

Idle:

In combat:

I know that you can't really experience the controls just from this post, because you would have to try to play the game yourself. I just think that we can all agree that Eliminate's controls were way ahead of its time.