Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-03-2009, 09:19 AM
iPhone 3GS

I guess the crazy people spending $30 bucks on boxes of energy make up for the people not spending a dime... Its like their picking up the bill, lol let them, its called natural selection. Upgrading is just a gimmick; you still play for free!

Anyone what the hell does TS do? Increase damage? I just got the sniper, but the guy dies so fast its pissing me off.

Last edited by hia-leah; 11-03-2009 at 09:22 AM..
Old 11-03-2009, 09:19 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleceiffel View Post
are a lot of people using aim assist? I turned it off before I started my first game and assume most people did the same...
It's not really aim assist, it shoots automatically for you.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumby View Post
I'm not spending a dime on Eliminate. I'm having a freaking blastyblast.

And Ngmoco is brilliant... people can't help but spend money on this stuff. You're just jealous you didn't think of it first.
Yea I'm jealous that my company didn't think of a way to nickel and dime customers with a generic FPS and Dog game.

Oh wait I don't have a game company and I just play games..
Old 11-03-2009, 09:21 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Excuse my ignorance, but i just got the game yesterday and still figuring a few things out. How do the power cells work? Do they recharge or do you have to buy more or what? What do they do other than allow you to get more energy? What happens if you run out of power cells?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:24 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by efp1 View Post
I just bought the 10 dollar pack (7.99 euros). I don't think I'll be spending more on this game. Who knows, maybe in a week or so I'll change my mind

I finally got my award for being in the top 10! I'll never make 1st place though, so I won't aim for that.
Gotta get that award myself - it isn't going to be easy to make it to the top 10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdaddy View Post
Wow you did? btw, it was fun playing with you the other day, you are great buddy invite me for actions when you feel like.. I am gonna do some New year story write up for my sister's journal, maybe i should include Eliminate story to make it more popular
Thanks, its always fun playing with you, you're really tough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleabag323 View Post
How is that a good thing? Spending 30 dollars for "not too long"? I would say that spending $30 on games by gameloft like Gangstar ($6.99), Asphalt 5 ($6.99), MC:S ($4.99), Blades of Fury ($4.99), and Shrek Kart ($4.99), for one dollar less than the energy pack is a better deal. Which do you want? Tons of high quality games in different genres with tons of play time, or a few hours of energized Eliminate where you earn a few thousand credits?

I would choose the games. But that's just me. I'm a complete cheapo. I'm fine with the free content of Eliminate. Asphalt 5 and TouchPets pass the time in between charges. (And having a life where I'm not *always* sitting at the computer )

Anyways, which should I get once I have enough credits? Antimatter gun (500 credits) or Rocket Launcher (450)?
Well it's good because I'll get way more than 30 dollars of amusement out of being able to level up for the amount of time that 30 dollars of power cells buys.

Different people assign different value to their leisure time activities. I'm in a good enough position in life that I can afford to spend 30 dollars on a game that I like. I've spent more than before that on games that are not nearly as great as Eliminate without even blinking an eye. For whatever reason, the iPhone has become a platform that people are unwilling to pay prices that would be considered perfectly reasonable on any other system, and as a result, many (in fact most) games lack the type of polish, quality, and feature sets that you find on consoles where developers can spend enough money on development to deliver a superior product.

Ngmoco has managed to create one of the best and most polished games on the iPhone, and they're giving it away completely for free to those who are unwilling or unable to pay for the optional energy packs. I am willing and able to pay for them, and I believe that hard work and a quality product deserves compensation, so I will pay

As for the weapons, I'm not really a fan of either of them. Give me the classic assault rifle any day
Old 11-03-2009, 09:27 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I dont get the people flipping out about prices. Honestly, buy the $10 pack, and you will never have to put more money into this game. Non-energized matches are JUST as fun as energized matches, its all in your mind. Use the power cells to upgrade, nothing else. I probably play 3-5 energized matches a day, but tons more that are not energized.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:28 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Send a message via Skype™ to iMick

Hehe, pwned. Yeah, I know you guys pwn me back, but I'm the lowby with lower skill
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0575.PNG (185.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-03-2009, 09:30 AM
iPhone (Original), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleabag323 View Post
...(And having a life where I'm not *always* sitting at the computer )

Anyways, which should I get once I have enough credits? Antimatter gun (500 credits) or Rocket Launcher (450)?
The Anti-Matter Jet is a waste of credits, some people seem to like the Rocket Launcher for cheap kills but its downfall is most of the time you'll be reloading.

It annoys me how some people like to generalize others if they spend some extra $$ on a given feature of a game with comments like "have no life......sit at PC all day....weigh 500lbs......have bacne...etc..."
Old 11-03-2009, 09:30 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMick View Post
Hehe, pwned. Yeah, I know you guys pwn me back, but I'm the lowby with lower skill
Ahh, so it was you I was playing with this morning! You're good, you have a right to gloat

Still, that was only one match of many as I recall...
Old 11-03-2009, 09:31 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I had auto-shoot on in the Canadian version, but when I re-downloaded it, it was turned off and I left it like that. I like having to shoot myself.