★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Boxed In 2 - [Now FREE for a limited time]

10-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Boxed In 2 - [Now FREE for a limited time]

....oh, well hello there!

I'm the developer of Boxed In 2 which is now available for download in the app store. =) Thanks to everyone who made the original Boxed In a success!

If you're already familiar with Boxed In 1 you'll be glad to hear Boxed In 2 is an improvement. The second installment comes with 50 new levels as well as new original music and sound effects. I put a lot of time into the level design trying my best to make each level fun, yet challenging.

If you're not familiar with the Boxed In it's a pretty challenging puzzle game. Here is some info...

Description: Boxed In 2 is a logic based puzzle game in which you guide a robot through each level with your finger. The challenge comes from the boxes obstructing your path. Push boxes in the correct order to reach a levelís end. Be careful! You canít pull boxes and you canít push boxes if something is on the other side of them. Extra puzzle elements come into play by pushing boxes on to floor switches to deactivate forcefields allowing you to pass through them and progress. Sound simple? =) Ö It gets tough! Real tough!

iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=335897605&mt=8

I welcome any feedback you have good or bad!

Thanks for your time!

Enjoy!

-Dennis Mengelt

10-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Hmm, nice. I just recently finished the first game. I like the style of the puzzles very much, and I'm happy to hear that there will be sound effects now!

My only problem is with the controls. I just wasn't happy with the swipe controls. I didn't like how I had to keep moving my finger in order for the robot to move continuously. Is there a reason you didn't implement a "swipe and hold" control mechanism similar to, say, CubicMan?

The added "D-pad" was an OK fix. It's main advantage was being able to move continuously while keeping my finger in one place, but the disadvantage was that my hand was tied to the corner of the screen. With all that screen space, and knowing that the "swipe" method allowed it to be used, it was disappointing to be secluded in the corner and confined by a D-pad. Overall, I ended up completing the majority of levels with the D-pad. Other than the problems I've just mentioned, the biggest was that the D-pad itself was very close to the "reset" button, and I'd pretty often accidentally hit it.

Have the controls been modified in any way in this second addition?

10-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Hey Dennis, just wanted to say that I love these type of games and had a blast with the original. It's too bad that Eliminate just came out, I hope some people take a look at this too instead of getting buried under all the commotion.

Front Page Tug Boat Chief Engineer
Check out the awesome Fuzion: Age of Wordcraftô website
Follow me and the game on Twitter
preview thread (Fuzion is still in development)
10-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Man, I love this game, It's way better.
10-30-2009, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Hmm, nice. I just recently finished the first game. I like the style of the puzzles very much, and I'm happy to hear that there will be sound effects now!

My only problem is with the controls. I just wasn't happy with the swipe controls. I didn't like how I had to keep moving my finger in order for the robot to move continuously. Is there a reason you didn't implement a "swipe and hold" control mechanism similar to, say, CubicMan?

The added "D-pad" was an OK fix. It's main advantage was being able to move continuously while keeping my finger in one place, but the disadvantage was that my hand was tied to the corner of the screen. With all that screen space, and knowing that the "swipe" method allowed it to be used, it was disappointing to be secluded in the corner and confined by a D-pad. Overall, I ended up completing the majority of levels with the D-pad. Other than the problems I've just mentioned, the biggest was that the D-pad itself was very close to the "reset" button, and I'd pretty often accidentally hit it.

Have the controls been modified in any way in this second addition?
First, I'm glad you enjoyed the style of the first game! Thanks.

The main change to help with navigation was the addition of a new option to move the bar with the buttons from the bottom of the screen to the top. This helps prevent the accidental taps on the reset button. There's a couple other control ideas I want to play with. Swipe and hold is one of them. They will be in one of the next updates. Everyone was so anxious for new levels I wanted to get it out asap =) ... Plenty of updates are coming!
10-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmx View Post
Hey Dennis, just wanted to say that I love these type of games and had a blast with the original. It's too bad that Eliminate just came out, I hope some people take a look at this too instead of getting buried under all the commotion.
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the first. I don't usually keep tabs on what games are coming out cause I'm usually so busy working on Boxed In (and new games) so I just checked out Eliminate after ya mentioned it. Looks pretty cool. =)
10-30-2009, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThankYouDriveThrough View Post
First, I'm glad you enjoyed the style of the first game! Thanks.

The main change to help with navigation was the addition of a new option to move the bar with the buttons from the bottom of the screen to the top. This helps prevent the accidental taps on the reset button. There's a couple other control ideas I want to play with. Swipe and hold is one of them. They will be in one of the next updates. Everyone was so anxious for new levels I wanted to get it out asap =) ... Plenty of updates are coming!
Hearing this, I have no problem picking up this second edition.

Good luck!
10-30-2009, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Hearing this, I have no problem picking up this second edition.

Good luck!
Awesome! Thanks and have fun! =)
01-16-2010, 12:15 AM
Now FREE ( for a limited time )

Be quick, this is a very good puzzle game.
01-16-2010, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bone.rate View Post
Now FREE ( for a limited time )

Be quick, this is a very good puzzle game.
Got ma Copy
Thanks!

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys