★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Million Onion Hotel is a feature-packed action puzzle set in a mysterious world of crazy sounds and unique pixel art and animations!
**Winner Media Highlights BitSummit**
**Bit King Popularity Awards**
**IndieCade Official Selection**

***An infinitely replayable action puzzle game?!
Complete lines horizontally, vertically and diagonally!
The simplicity of bingo meets

30 enemies and gimmicks created by Dr. Strange
70 story cards to collect
30 hidden characters
And a bizarre story with a shocking conclusion!
Plenty to enjoy after the ending too!

The weirdest puzzle game you could imagine has finally been unleashed on the AppStore!
Enjoy a plethora of performing pixel patrons!
Indulge in an onslaught of bizarre aural ecstasy!
Headphones are highly recommended !

***Mysterious story
A long, long time ago, there was a tiny country between that country over there and this country over here.
In that country was a strange hotel. This hotels specialty was "magical onion soup".
They say many famous and great people came to taste this soup, though apparently not one of them thought to describe the flavor to anyone else. Maybe its because the soup had a hidden power. Yes . . . a secret power. One night, some esteemed guests found themselves suddenly sucked into a far- off galaxy!
Maybe that is because they . . . drank too much of the magical onion soup?

***Welcome to the doctors strange hotel!
An action puzzle with a mysterious story!
What does fate have in store for the hotels mysterious guests?
Dont miss this unique puzzle/pixel tapestry and the unique tale its characters weave!

***Got high score in many websites.
TouchArcade 4.5 / 5
148Apps 4.5 / 5
AppAdvice 9 / 10
Cubed3 9 /10
KickMyGeek 9 / 10

***This game is for you if youre...
A pixel art fan
A fan of jolly game music!
A person with very individual tastes!

***About game data
If you uninstall this game, your game data will be deleted.
You can restore your game data only resetting your device and recovering from icloud backup.

verlaine's comments:
It's finally out!

11-01-2017, 02:51 AM
Holy Onions! Checked their website and Insta-bought! Brainchild of Yoshiro Kimura, the guy who gave us Dandy Dungeon...

11-01-2017, 07:03 AM
this one gets very good ratings in Japan where it was already previously released so I am very intrigued. May pick it up
11-01-2017, 09:06 AM
Still trying to figure out the gameplay
11-01-2017, 10:54 AM
This looks pleasantly weird.
11-01-2017, 11:23 AM
It's intriguing and quirky, but I'm not sure if I understand what's going on in the story :P

I've yet to get the hang of the gameplay: MOH a frantic Whack-A-Mole-type game that's supposed to have 'puzzle' elements, but it's hard to strategise while frantically tapping to create lines and onion timers. Some 'enemies' seem to reduce the timer no matter what you do, and your remaining time carries between stages. After a 'game over', you return to level 1 at the beginning of the story. A 'tips' guide and a stage select option might help.

I haven't figured out how to defeat any boss, yet--they all keep escaping.
11-01-2017, 01:28 PM
absolutely no idea what is going on!

would buy again.
11-01-2017, 02:15 PM
I wasnt the biggest fan of dandy dungeon, mostly from a gameplay perspective.

Whats the story on this? Like, literally. I watched the trailer and looking at the replies here it seems like this is quite the nugget.
11-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Really want a review or some explanation. I have spent way to much money in APPs lately.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com/portfolio.html
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
11-01-2017, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
Really want a review or some explanation. I have spent way to much money in APPs lately.
this one's worth it though. Hard to explain. Starts off like whack-a-mole then you kinda organically figure it out. Kinda like (not in style though) how you figure out a Michael Brough game - never explained you just figure out with repeat plays. The story so far - i got to the second boss - reminds me of gravity's rainbow. I like it but i have no idea what's going on!