★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Peregrin is a story puzzle game, combining myth, fantasy and sci-fi.

Peregrins story is a moving take on the struggle to overcome both personal and collective loss beautifully realised in an epic mythical style.

Take control of Abi as she leaves her scavenger tribe to embark upon an epic journey into the wastelands of the divide. Mysterious monoliths and strange artefacts await her there, revealing the secrets of these fallen lands.

Peregrin's absorbing gameplay revolves around the use of Abi's arcane powers. Use them to take temporary control of the creatures you encounter - from simple animals to the divide's hostile guardians. Turn the unique abilities of each creature to your advantage in solving puzzles and surviving battles.

A rich and immersive narrative, fully voiced in English

5 chapters comprising over 60 visually stunning scenes

Intuitive and rewarding gameplay featuring the unique creature possession mechanic

Bespoke art style inspired by canonical sci-fi artists such as John Harris and Moebius

Custom composed musical score for a fully cinematic experience

Full controller support
11-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Looks interesting but the video didnt really tell me much

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Death Road To Canada is a nonstop thrill ride that will crack u up, haven't changed my signature since 2011 but this is worth it http://Death Road to Canada by Rocke...re/us/dfWqdb.i

11-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnok View Post
Looks interesting but the video didnt really tell me much
Took the plunge and I’m loving it. First, the game is gorgeous, with top notch visuals, music, and VO that make for a truly immersive experience. The story mixes a post-apocalyptic setting with a myth-like narrative that so far is both intriguing and emotionally resonant.

As for the gameplay, imagine a “Go” title but with more open puzzles and free movement. The basic mechanic involves “possessing” creatures with different abilities to clear a variety of environmental obstacles. There’s also turn-based combat in which you can possess enemies to fight each other — it’s all one-hit kills, though, so it feels more puzzle-like than tactical.

All in all, this is a beautiful and engaging game, and one of the best App Store surprises since, well, ICEY.
11-01-2017, 07:28 PM
BTW — this is a port of a fairly well received Steam game.
11-01-2017, 08:15 PM
Thanks a lot mate

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Death Road To Canada is a nonstop thrill ride that will crack u up, haven't changed my signature since 2011 but this is worth it http://Death Road to Canada by Rocke...re/us/dfWqdb.i
11-02-2017, 01:50 AM
Thanks squarezero. Had a look at a gameplay video for the PC version and it looks great. Purchasing now
11-02-2017, 08:06 AM
I'm just wondering if there is Game Center integration😁
11-02-2017, 08:23 AM
A few levels in and Im loving it. Very polished. Nice graphics and so far the difficulty is about right. Dont know about game centre as I never bother using that
11-02-2017, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Took the plunge and Im loving it. First, the game is gorgeous, with top notch visuals, music, and VO that make for a truly immersive experience. The story mixes a post-apocalyptic setting with a myth-like narrative that so far is both intriguing and emotionally resonant.

As for the gameplay, imagine a Go title but with more open puzzles and free movement. The basic mechanic involves possessing creatures with different abilities to clear a variety of environmental obstacles. Theres also turn-based combat in which you can possess enemies to fight each other its all one-hit kills, though, so it feels more puzzle-like than tactical.

All in all, this is a beautiful and engaging game, and one of the best App Store surprises since, well, ICEY.
Thanks for the detailed impressions SquareZero! I have been on the fence finding the setting and possession mechanic compelling, but unsure of the immersion and replayability. You make a great case with a more open world version of the Go series gameplay mechanics. Your impressions often mirror my own, and as such I'll support this dev and hit the buy button for Peregrine 🤓 ~Insane amount of great puzzle experiences coming to iOS lately 👍
11-03-2017, 08:14 AM
Played this last night and I really like it a lot. But now Im stuck on the first indoor section... keep getting killed by falling off a ledge. Guess Ill see if I can find a walkthrough. *Sigh*

FYI, this looks great on iPad Pro!!