★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Stormkats is a 2D Side Scrolling Shooter with traditional hand-drawn graphics & animation, and packed with tons of action. It has simple controls and is a love letter to the 90s Shootm'up genre .

***Story
The planet is under attack! As a member of the Stormkats Unit, your mission is to protect the world. Shoot, dodge, survive and destroy the invaders. Several bosses awaits you on your way to Victory! Remember: There is no Peace without War.

Collect power ups, coins, unlock achievements and reach high scores in 5 leaderboards. There is even one for number of deaths, but unlike other cats, you have more than 9 lives...

***This game is for those who:
- Love animals!
- Love shooting stuff!
- Love traditional, retro, arcade games!

No in-app purchases. No ads. No subscription. No time limit. Just play.

Supported devices: iPhone X, iPhone 6/+/S, iPhone 7/+/S, iPhone 8/+, iPad Air/Pro, iPhone 5/S/SE. iOS 10.0 required.

Clive's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

11-06-2017, 12:08 PM
IOS 10--> not for me, sorry.

11-06-2017, 12:16 PM
Can understand people not liking ios11 but ios10 is fine

Anyway just bought. A nice shooter. Controls are good, basically just relative touch which works well. The cat auto fires

Only done the first level but all good so far. Worth a pound
11-06-2017, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the early impression
This looks like something I would like
May have to drop a buck on it
11-06-2017, 12:42 PM
Seems decent enough. Those dudes at the bottom of the screen are a pain in the ass.

Reminds me a little of the Toon Shooters games, but not quite as good.
11-06-2017, 12:49 PM
by "Dung Nguyen"

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-06-2017, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
by "Dung Nguyen"
About 50% of all Vietnamese families are named Nguyen. And Dung is a popular name that translates to "brave."

\_(ツ)_/

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
11-06-2017, 09:49 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Thanks for the early impressions, guys! Glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony78 View Post
Those dudes at the bottom of the screen are a pain in the ass.
Yes they are. Every enemy has a pattern you can learn. Some seems super easy at first, but when combined with other guys they can be deadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
by "Dung Nguyen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
About 50% of all Vietnamese families are named Nguyen. And Dung is a popular name that translates to "brave."

\_(ツ)_/
As for my name, yeah got used to it when I was a kid. Does not bother me at all now. I was actually quite surprised to meet non-Asians who knew its meaning, and how to pronounce it correctly. Faith in humanity restored long ago
11-06-2017, 10:12 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Here are some promo codes. They are right here
11-07-2017, 12:09 AM
I have only done about 5 sessions so far.. 50 deaths.. I have like 120 coins, but am not sure what to do with them? Is there an upgrade menu or something?