Participating in beta test

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by RinoaHeartily, Nov 11, 2017.

1. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hey guys I am wondering do beta testers after completing the test runs get some kind of discounted price or even free?

Crashland is conducting a beta test for iPhone X and game maker 2. It's a very good game but it's an old game. I have the requirement to test it as I have X. But I do not want to waste my time testing and end of the day lose everything coz in the form it says I will lose the data.
    I would of course prefer it if the game dev give some kind of renumeration for the time spent.

Any knows?

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I've never experienced any form of remuneration myself. I think most take it as a blessing to have early access to a game they were looking Godard to and in return help squash bugs.

Would be nice to have remuneration but, particularly for big anticipated titles if you looked at it from a supply v demand point of view, there can be so much demand from fans that they'll do it for free for the joy of it. I'm selective on my beta participation needless to say like many. If I'm not interested I won't look twice at signing up.

Yeh it sucks that they usually can't ensure seamless data transfer from beta to release but usually they let you know in some way so at least it's not total surprise.

3. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Thanks I think I'll skip it. Crash land ain't a simple game. A lot of hardwork goes into it

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Depends on the devs. I had a few which gave out some form of incentive, at the very least, a promo code for the final release, and i've had ones that just let me play early.