★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Yuqi Tian
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 22.5 MB
  • Version: 1.01
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ******************************************
SPECIAL SALES AT 50% OFF!

"Way Of The Kung Fu", Play this addictive game of skill and concentration as a young martial arts apprentice. Follow the moves that your kung-fu master will give you to elevate your fighting skills. Train in various settings and try to beat your high score.

This is a simple app, yet extremely entertaining!

Enjoy!
10-31-2009, 03:41 PM
whats the game about?

Guys, why spend so much time making a game and then having virtually no information about it?
Your company URL (at least for me) does not work. I see no videos, no info what the game is about.

I do like the art style,but this is not enough to simply toss a buck to see what the game is about.

Dare to provide some more infos, or even better a nice video?
10-31-2009, 03:46 PM
Eh, while the silhouettes are a fantastic idea, they should be sharp. The sun is right in front of them forming high contrast, they're not shadows. Just doesn't look that great. And take a look at the 4th screenshot. Both characters are floating!
10-31-2009, 03:46 PM
yeah this is definitely a game where I need to see video before I even consider buying, or at least a couple TOFTTers.
10-31-2009, 04:16 PM
I just gave it a spin.

I quite like the art style and animations. There's some pleasant asian background music and suitable sound effects. I'm not a big fan of the "stick" genre, but there's something about actual silhouettes (as seen in this game's screenshots) that I find much more appealing.

As for the "game," there's not much to it. An arrow appears on screen, pointing up, down, left, or right. You swipe in the direction of the arrow. If you swipe incorrectly, an "x" appears over the arrow. if you swipe correctly, your character performs a kung fu technique. The game just keeps repeating like this, with the background changing occasionally. You never make contact with the opponent - it's like they're sparring from a distance.

As an art piece, it's an interesting little work. As a game, there doesn't seem to be much to it. It is indeed "simple" as the app description notes.