★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-14-2017, 05:12 PM
So, what's F2P about this? Is it free, with a premium unlock? Is it online only, with timers and junk?

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
iPhone X Space Gray 256 GB
iPad Pro 9.7 128 GB
11-14-2017, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
So, what's F2P about this? Is it free, with a premium unlock? Is it online only, with timers and junk?
It looks like your typical Japanese gacha mechanic, meaning spend money to gamble for new character and/or possibly equipment and other item drops.

11-14-2017, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanster27 View Post
It looks like your typical Japanese gacha mechanic, meaning spend money to gamble for new character and/or possibly equipment and other item drops.
Oh man. Haven't tried that mechanic in an SRPG yet... And I probably won't. It sure looks pretty, though. Thanks for the info!

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
iPhone X Space Gray 256 GB
iPad Pro 9.7 128 GB
11-14-2017, 08:40 PM
Its fun but Ive been hooked on the Final Fantasy gotcha games lately and I like that style more. This has more of a Fire Emblem Heroes gameplay to it.
11-15-2017, 09:25 AM
Anyone manage to pull any 5 stars right after the tutorial? Possible? Unit and weapon
11-15-2017, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinoaHeartily View Post
Anyone manage to pull any 5 stars right after the tutorial? Possible? Unit and weapon
I got a 4 star, but that’s it.
11-15-2017, 02:01 PM
Right after the tutorial? You mean when you do the 500 gem 10 unit summon? Yes and no. I did a 10 unit summon on my initial play through and foolishly opted to reroll. The folks with the handy "charts" to say who is good vs who is bad use character portraits so you really have to the characters to say yes or no to a reroll. I had pulled 3 4* and a 2 5*,Chloe and Magnus or something like that. I went ahead and re-rolled. Ended up with only a 4* pull. Tried again this morning. I pulled 2 5*, featured melee character and a not-Chloe magic knight, and 1 4*.

Why was it foolish? The 5* gun user has a weird, can only attack 3 squares away that I didn't notice at first. It made the quests more difficult as trying to set up the shots were a pain. He was more of a wasted slot since I wasn't able to leverage his attacks on a more routine basis. What I didn't realize was that the bow users that you get also have the same range issue so I could have kept him as he unlocks to sniper. ?Then again, to unlock sniper, I need to collect more soul fragments for him so it might have been better that I re-rolled.

I'm sticking with my 3rd attempt. Melee is stronger early on that ranged, or so I'm told. Having 2 5* in the starting quests does make things easier. It does help that I did get a thief to put in the party so I have someone to run up to the CPU archers and kill them quickly. Logi is squishy since I'm not bringing a healer.

Kenichi did put up a good mini-review for the game in the comments for the world wide availability article. I would say that I could have stuck with my original pull and slowly gained more gems to summon other units to try. If you are really worried about the first 10 units you summon, best of luck. I have not found many resources to give you a good picture of what is really good vs what is meh. The one consistent piece of information I got was that Chloe is meh compared to Logi and you are forced to use Logi on story quests.

I'll continue giving this a go and seeing how it works out. Hopefully the game does better than Brave Frontier did. If you didn't get certain OP units in Brave Frontier, the game was definitely more difficult than it should have been. I'll trust Kenichi's comment that you can get by without needing the OP units.
11-15-2017, 02:37 PM
uff.. this like War of Crown have superb art but the battles are in a small grid versus a bare handful of enemies. Come to think of it, like FE mobile too.

Why don't they take the grid and battles of FFT, Xcom, Demon's Rise etc and insist on one minute autobattles per stage..
11-15-2017, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
uff.. this like War of Crown have superb art but the battles are in a small grid versus a bare handful of enemies. Come to think of it, like FE mobile too.

Why don't they take the grid and battles of FFT, Xcom, Demon's Rise etc and insist on one minute autobattles per stage..
Frankly, I enjoy the smaller battles here and in War of Crown (though so far AC has more tactical depth). Don’t get me wrong: I love FFT, XCom, and Banner Saga, but there’s something to be said for a satisfying, challenging 3 minute battle.
11-15-2017, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbrickem View Post
December 1!! i'm with ya! also on PC a game called seven: days long gone is coming out / going to be a glorious day
Me 3 for Xenoblade 2. I don't even have a switch yet and will be purchasing one JUST because of this game...not that others won't get released that'll be good too...but xenoblade chronicles is in my top 5 favorite video games ever...maybe number 1.

Btw, this game looks amazing for a ftp srpg.