★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Good games for mom?

11-14-2017, 12:25 AM
Good games for mom?

I'm trying to find a quality puzzler for me mum, she's always been into sudoku and freecell and such. I introduced her to one of those Picross games, and she really enjoyed it, but she finished all the levels after a few months. So, can you guys suggest a good, lengthy, puzzle game? A 3-star system would be a bonus, one of those systems where you get more stars for beating the best time and such. I just don't want to get her into Candy Crush or any of that junk.
11-14-2017, 04:02 AM
Cryptogram Tale has been on my ipad for 2 years and is still nowhere near finished. Cryptograms are kind of hard work though and it doesn’t have stars.

An easier one released recently is Mahjong Crimes which adds many elements to the standard tile matching formula to integrate it with an Agatha Christie mystery. This one has the 3 star system for time taken on each of the 250 levels. If it is successful I guess they will add more stories.
11-14-2017, 11:07 PM
Since she likes Sudoku and Freecell how about introduce her to Threes? For visual puzzles i recommend Blueprint 3D (not sure if ios11 ready though), and Shadowmatic. Then there's Square Enix's excellent GO series, and of course, beautiful Monument Valley titles, even if they are shorter than the other suggestions. I also remember some solid fun times with Alphabear.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword