★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Prizefighters - 2D Arcade Boxing Game coming December 14th! (by Koality Game)

11-14-2017, 10:25 AM
Prizefighters - 2D Arcade Boxing Game coming December 14th! (by Koality Game)

Hey TA!

Prizefighters is a 2D arcade boxing game that I've been working on since the beginning of the year. The graphics and gameplay are inspired by the classic NES game Punch-Out!, however, I've added my own vision and designed the control scheme specifically for mobile phones and tablets. With zero on-screen controls, you have the ability to attack your opponent's head or body by tapping or holding your finger on the screen to pull off 8 different punches of varying strengths. Mix a few punches together and create your own combos for increasing damage.

Block your face or body from incoming punches by holding down two fingers.

Dodge by swiping left or right. If you time your dodge successfully, your opponent will become momentarily 'stunned' giving you the opportunity to land a knockout punch! Fail to dodge, however, and that can mean bad news for you.

Punch too often and your player will become fatigued and unable to attack. Stamina management will be key throughout the fight.

If three rounds pass without a knockout, the fight will go to the scorecards where the result will either be a draw, split, or unanimous decision decided by three judges.

Career Mode

Prizefighters will also feature a reasonably in-depth career mode. You begin at rank #30 and will fight your way up to the top against 29 other randomly generated opponents so you'll never play the same career twice. Along the way, you'll attempt to defeat three different champions to earn their belts and eventually become the undisputed champion of the world!

Player Progression and Customization

After fights, you'll gain experience and coins which you can then spend on customization options, rating upgrades, or choose between one of two unique abilities in the skill tree every time you level up. What kind of fighter you want to become is entirely up to you!

Planned Features and Open Beta

Other modes include an Arcade mode with modifiable game settings and an online head-to-head mode that will be coming in a later update. Prizefighters will be free to play with a planned release date of December 14th and an open beta coming in the next week or so. If you're interested in testing just PM me your email and invitations will be sent out via TestFlight when available.

Please let me know your thoughts on the game so far and thank you for your time!

Twitter
Facebook

Screenshots

Follow me on Twitter for the latest news and updates @justinKmai or @KoalityGame

Last edited by KoalityGame; 11-15-2017 at 11:54 AM.
11-14-2017, 11:56 AM
Will there be an IOS version as well?

11-14-2017, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAF<3 View Post
Will there be an IOS version as well?
Of course! I plan on supporting both iPhone and iPad. If you're interested in beta testing via TestFlight, you can PM me your email address. Invitations should be sent out next week!

Follow me on Twitter for the latest news and updates @justinKmai or @KoalityGame

Last edited by KoalityGame; 11-14-2017 at 05:58 PM.
11-15-2017, 03:32 AM
Prizefighters level up suggestion

Wow this looks like a great concept! Great work so far. i want to suggest something concerning level up of stats to diffrentiate this game from the slew of others.
What about using a skyim-like experience gain system in which your successful use of a particular move ie. jab, hook, dodge etc levels up that trait which then opens that skill tree to further skills.
e,g, 500 successful jabs gives the option to increase jab speed (less likely to dodge or block) jab strength ( health depletion) or jab technique (less stamina consumption and greater combo potential)
500 successful dodges gives the option to increase dodge speed or stun length or special punches.
I feel that this system would make for more diverse play and a greater attachment to the game because you are committed to your own development.
daily training regime bonuses would also encourage player investment
What do you think? i have some other ideas...
11-15-2017, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedmanallos@gmail.com View Post
Wow this looks like a great concept! Great work so far. i want to suggest something concerning level up of stats to diffrentiate this game from the slew of others.
What about using a skyim-like experience gain system in which your successful use of a particular move ie. jab, hook, dodge etc levels up that trait which then opens that skill tree to further skills.
e,g, 500 successful jabs gives the option to increase jab speed (less likely to dodge or block) jab strength ( health depletion) or jab technique (less stamina consumption and greater combo potential)
500 successful dodges gives the option to increase dodge speed or stun length or special punches.
I feel that this system would make for more diverse play and a greater attachment to the game because you are committed to your own development.
daily training regime bonuses would also encourage player investment
What do you think? i have some other ideas...
This is really an amazing idea! I was more of a Dark Souls player rather than Skyrim which is where I initially borrowed the Stamina and Upgrade systems, so I appreciate hearing about mechanics from other games that I have yet to play.

Although I don't want to completely remove the current upgrade system I have in place since it took some time to implement and will push the game's release back further, I will definitely consider using your idea in some way, possibly tying it in with achievements or other skill bonuses.

Thanks for the feedback! I would also love to hear about any other ideas that you have to improve the game

11-15-2017, 01:32 PM
Looks interesting.Love to play
TestFlight:satish0987@gmail.com
11-15-2017, 02:08 PM
Could i get a testflight

my email is savedmanallos@gmail.com
11-15-2017, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satish Kumar View Post
Looks interesting.Love to play
TestFlight:satish0987@gmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedmanallos@gmail.com View Post
Added you both to the list! Invites will be sent out next week.

11-15-2017, 02:25 PM
Love the look and the idea of a punch out style RPG, one thought on the controls - it mentions that at points you may need to use two fingers to block etc - itd be great if there was a control option to play one handed in portrait mode - perhaps using touch3d to block when you press hard on the screen?
11-15-2017, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelph View Post
Love the look and the idea of a punch out style RPG, one thought on the controls - it mentions that at points you may need to use two fingers to block etc - itd be great if there was a control option to play one handed in portrait mode - perhaps using touch3d to block when you press hard on the screen?
Hi Stelph, this is a great suggestion! I've thought about gamers that want to play with just one hand and using Touch 3d sounds like a perfect solution. I will look into implementing it into the game, thanks for the feedback!