★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Team Ocmo
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 533.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0.17
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Ocmo is an award winning ninja rope platformer that challenges even hardcore gamers. Fluid movement, physics based gameplay and tight controls create unique sense of freedom and flow.

"I love it" John Romero (Quake, Doom)

"There are not many games worth playing on mobile, but Ocmo definitely is" Tommy Refenes (Super Meat Boy)

Survive the 80 dangerous levels including secrets and boss fights. Set new records and share speedrunning videos. Swing with tentacles through the levels using momentum to your advantage. Eat rabbits and discover the world. You are the monster of the forest.

Features:
*Lots of dying
*Ragdoll rabbits
*Physics-based eating
*Unique and precise controls
*Hard to master
*Well crafted and diverse level design
*Loads of depth
*Designed for speedrunning
*Online leaderboards
*Beautiful world with a small but dark story to discover
*Immersive sounds (works best with headphones)
*Everyplay support
*80 levels
*over 10 hours of gameplay, plenty more in Dark World
*Endless learning

***NOTE: Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPad 4th gen, iPad air, iPad pro, iPad mini 4 and up.
WILL NOT run on earlier generations.
11-15-2017, 08:27 AM
Been looking forward to this but i wish devs would add a screenshot of how the controls work - are there on screen buttons ? left/right ? Or just moving constantly ? I'll get this the second i see hopefully some buttons !

"There are not many games worth playing on mobile, but Ocmo definitely is" Tommy Refenes (Super Meat Boy)

Pah ! I have a few friends with that crazy attitude, show them a handful of games i've got and always hear 'damn theres a lot of good games on mobile....'

11-15-2017, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Been looking forward to this but i wish devs would add a screenshot of how the controls work - are there on screen buttons ? left/right ? Or just moving constantly ? I'll get this the second i see hopefully some buttons !

Pah ! I have a few friends with that crazy attitude, show them a handful of games i've got and always hear 'damn theres a lot of good games on mobile....'
https://youtu.be/A6P7fW9ud7E
11-15-2017, 08:38 AM
Quote:

Yeah right, I got at least 250 games on mobile that are wonderful and you dont get to play them anywhere else, infact I only play mobile for 8 years straight now, its the most innovative platform there is.

About this game Ocmo, I like it, no on screen buttons, you only need your index finger thats all, you need to get used to the controls but it works once you get the hang of it, but its also a lot of trial and error if your not so good but that is with most games.

I like the presentation with the overworld and you can replay levels a lot for fastest times and getting 3 stars on a level, I am only at the beginning but so far so good.
11-15-2017, 08:39 AM
Thanks my bad ! Should have checked youtube

Looks a very polished game. Fed up of these $4.99-4.99 price conversions though ! I'll pick this up later though for sure
11-15-2017, 09:31 AM
Hmmm just bought it. It looks great, just not getting used to the controls. Just constantly dying as i'm forgetting to push or let go or tap somewhere else. Need to keep trying but finding it quite frustrating
11-15-2017, 10:46 AM
From the video: "It's really similar to Super Meat Boy ... in the difficulty curve of the levels."

And cooking a steak is really similar to baking an apple pie when it comes to dish washing ...
Sorry, but I hate when they do that.

Ferb, I know what we are gonna do today!
11-15-2017, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Bonk3rZ View Post
From the video: "It's really similar to Super Meat Boy ... in the difficulty curve of the levels."

And cooking a steak is really similar to baking an apple pie when it comes to dish washing ...
Sorry, but I hate when they do that.
11-15-2017, 11:20 AM
Quote:

11-15-2017, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Head still stuck up his own ass, I see.

My power-pop band is on iTunes.