★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: USM
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 386.3 MB
  • Version: 1.4.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 1 (1)
App description: After a long, difficult journey, you have reached the coast of an unknown island! Yet other explorers have also landed on Catan: The competition for settlement has begun!

Build roads and cities, negotiate skillfully and become ruler of Catan!

Go on a journey to the Catan universe, and enter into exciting duels against players from all over the world. The board game classic and the Catan card game bring a real table top feeling to your screen, with brand new graphics.

Play the basic board game in multi-player mode, and the introductory game of Catan The Duel free of charge. You can also master the free Arrival on Catan, to permanently unlock the single player and custom match mode for the Arrival on Catan scenario, to play against the AI or with your friends.

For even more variety, unlock the complete basic game, and the expansions Cities & Knights and Seafarers as in-app purchases, defend yourself against barbarian invasions, journey to new shores, and compete against cunning computer opponents.

Play with your Catan Universe account on the device of your choice: You can use your login on numerous desktop and mobile platforms! Become part of the huge worldwide Catan community, and compete against players from all over the world, and on all supported platforms!

Features:

-Settle - trade - build - become ruler of Catan!
-Play on all your devices with one account
-Faithful reconstruction of the board game Catan and the card game Catan The Duel
-Design your own avatar
-Chat with other players
-Form guilds
-Play numerous achievements and unlocks
-Get additional expansions and play modes as in-app purchases
-Start very easily with the comprehensive tutorial

Features in development:

-Fight tournaments as guilds or for your own glory.
-Prove yourself in numerous additional expansions.

Free-to-play content:

-Basic game free matches against two other human players
-Arrival on Catan permanently unlock single-player and custom-match modes against friends, or against the AI
-Introductory game free matches: Catan duel
-Registration bonus of 100 gold and 2 scrolls unlock expansions and complete access to auto match, single player and custom matches with scrolls for a limited time
-Further scrolls by levelling up

Catan Universe supports iOS 10 or higher, and devices from the iPhone 5S.

Questions or suggestions for improvements:
Mail to support@catanuniverse.com
We are looking forward to your feedback!

For more information on news and updates: www.catanuniverse.com or visit us on www.facebook.com/CatanUniverse

ojtitus's comments:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/catan-universe/id1220346113?mt=8
11-15-2017, 04:10 PM
Been waiting on this one
Rock on
I love Catan and interested to see how this one plays

11-15-2017, 04:21 PM
Sheesh old version is better
It’s early but some things I am not digging
Then menu and the way you go about buying things def worse with this version
11-15-2017, 10:07 PM
It's not recognizing my Catan account. Bleh.
11-15-2017, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSNellie View Post
It's not recognizing my Catan account. Bleh.
You need to create a new one for this app, even if it's exactly the same as the one you used in the other app(that's what I did). Then you put that new account info into the old app and it will update your universe account with previous purchases next time you fire up universe online.
11-15-2017, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
You need to create a new one for this app, even if it's exactly the same as the one you used in the other app(that's what I did). Then you put that new account info into the old app and it will update your universe account with previous purchases next time you fire up universe online.
Yeah that confused me too see above
I have found a lot about this app to be frustrating vs the old one but I guess I will get used to it 😬
11-15-2017, 11:00 PM
Are the expansions for the card game available?
I couldnt find any info.
11-16-2017, 11:43 AM
I am getting confusion with all of the different releases of Catan.

Is this one restricted to only online play? Can it be played entirely offline without logging onto yet another account?
11-16-2017, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
Thank you! I think that worked.
11-16-2017, 03:48 PM
Not work on my iPad 3 ... Only on iOS 10 😡😡😡