★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Crazyant
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 430.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0.12
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: I Am The Hero is a pixel art, beat 'em up, fighting game that tells the story of a "Hero" with a glorious but mysterious past. Is he the hero he thinks he is or is there another side to this legendary figure?

I Am The Hero is a love note to retro gaming, ripped from the fuzzy memories of the developers childhoods and seasoned with a wild passion for fighting games. If you want a truly modern re-interpretation of classic gaming, then its time to join the fate and answer one simple question, are you the hero?

FEATURES:

1, Fast Moving, Fluid Combat

2, Free Style Combos : trample, juggle, rush, and crush your enemies into submission with your own unique fighting styles

3, Critical Blink: by timing your attacks perfectly you can unleash massive damage on your foes with Critical Blink

4, Support MFi game controllers such as Gamevice or other MFi controllers.

GAME MODES:

1, Single Player Campaign
2, Survival Mode

Enjoy fast paced, retro action inspired by modern and old-school classics. I Am The Hero will give you shot of nostalgia and adrenaline that youve been crazing.

So what are you waiting for? Its time to join the fight!
11-16-2017, 04:36 PM
This looks pretty cool. Has anyone tried?

11-16-2017, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgold View Post
This looks pretty cool. Has anyone tried?
Only briefly. Seems promising.
11-16-2017, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Only briefly. Seems promising.
Alright, got through the first level. This is pretty awesome so far. First, the controls are brilliant. Rather than force you to hit the dpad in order to direct your special attacks, you can actually swipe the button — almost like a brawler version of a twin stick shooter. Never seen that before, and it works like gangbusters. The combat itself is really fun, with ton of combos, enemy juggling, and power/special attacks. You can double tap on a direction to evade, do counters, etc.

At the end of the first level I got the choice of a new attack or a brand new character, which you can switch to on the fly. I assume that you’ll be able to manage characters as you collect them.

Oh, and the pixel art is kind of great, too. Love the reflections on the floor. The environment are detailed, and even on the first level there were 4 or 5 different locations.

As I said, this is all based on only one level, but so far this is one of the better brawlers I’ve played on iOS.
11-16-2017, 08:44 PM
Previous impressions were spot on. I olayed Through the first two levels and enjoying it. Great brawler w spot on controls. Premium and no IAP...done and done.
11-16-2017, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Alright, got through the first level. This is pretty awesome so far. First, the controls are brilliant. Rather than force you to hit the dpad in order to direct your special attacks, you can actually swipe the button almost like a brawler version of a twin stick shooter. Never seen that before, and it works like gangbusters. The combat itself is really fun, with ton of combos, enemy juggling, and power/special attacks. You can double tap on a direction to evade, do counters, etc.

At the end of the first level I got the choice of a new attack or a brand new character, which you can switch to on the fly. I assume that youll be able to manage characters as you collect them.

Oh, and the pixel art is kind of great, too. Love the reflections on the floor. The environment are detailed, and even on the first level there were 4 or 5 different locations.

As I said, this is all based on only one level, but so far this is one of the better brawlers Ive played on iOS.
The controls are freaking awesome. Heck even the rain drops are pixelated. Extra character play different.

This game is freaking awesome.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
www.Fatthunder.com
11-17-2017, 05:26 AM
Oh wow, this is a surprise. Didn't expect this game to get a mobile port. I like this trend of indie PC brawlers getting mobile ports, can we get something like Fight'N Rage next?

Considering the Steam price is $10, I'd say it's a steal at $2.

Bought it and enjoying it. Obviously the touch screen controls take up part of the playable screen area but as far as iOS ports go, this one's solid. Runs smooth and looks great.

Quote:
At the end of the first level I got the choice of a new attack or a brand new character, which you can switch to on the fly. I assume that you’ll be able to manage characters as you collect them.
Yeah, you can choose to either unlock a new special move or new character. Characters can be selected by going to to status->characters on the main menu. Character have their own health bar and can have some pretty varied moves, so I prefer them over new EX moves.

Game Center: Jenohart

Last edited by Jenohart; 11-17-2017 at 06:52 AM.
11-17-2017, 07:10 AM
The game is FANTASTIC!!!! Controls, graphics, animations.... Spot on overall!!!!!
11-17-2017, 07:25 AM
Thanks Jenoheart

Read what you posted and that convinced me to get this. Downloading now. Been an expensive week !
11-17-2017, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenohart View Post
Oh wow, this is a surprise. Didn't expect this game to get a mobile port. I like this trend of indie PC brawlers getting mobile ports, can we get something like Fight'N Rage next?

Considering the Steam price is $10, I'd say it's a steal at $2.

Bought it and enjoying it. Obviously the touch screen controls take up part of the playable screen area but as far as iOS ports go, this one's solid. Runs smooth and looks great.

Yeah, you can choose to either unlock a new special move or new character. Characters can be selected by going to to status->characters on the main menu. Character have their own health bar and can have some pretty varied moves, so I prefer them over new EX moves.
Good tip — thanks. Planning to spend a lot of time with this on the weekend.