★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A Boy and His Blob makes its triumphant return! A reimagining of the NES classic, as the boy, you feed your blob jelly beans and watch him transform into cool and useful objects to solve puzzles and escape danger. With its robust and emotionally driven story, challenging puzzles, and visually impressive art style, A Boy and His Blob is sure to become a classic once again.

When Blobolonia is threatened by an evil Emperor, the blob comes to Earth looking for help. Instead, he finds a young boy. Help the blob dethrone the evil Emperor that's terrorizing Blobolonia and establish a friendship with the blob that will last a lifetime.
11-17-2017, 06:40 AM
Looks like it may the same as the wii game, which was one of the best games on the platform.

11-17-2017, 06:46 AM
I'm a sucker for retro games and new versions of them. Remember this classic on the Gameboy

Just bought it after watching a video on youtube of it. Seems very polished, high production values. Big animated intro. Controls are left side movement, right side jump (phew as i panicked when i didnt see any buttons on the preview screens)

Just met the 'blob' for the first time. Has some voice acting. All good so far, like i say its very polished. Look forward to playing this more later

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinagog View Post
Looks like it may the same as the wii game, which was one of the best games on the platform.
Yeah sure it is as i checked out the youtube videos first and it seems the same as the Wii. Well worth picking up
11-17-2017, 07:22 AM
I have it on Xbox One used to have it on I think it was NES when I was a little kid
Good platformer
If you haven’t played it before it may take you a minute to get it down but it’s a good game and a classic
Had no idea it was coming mobile I’m surprised
11-17-2017, 07:26 AM
Yeah like it when we get these surprises ! Actually ahem got a bit stuck on the first level then realised i had to go back on myself !

But a really nice surprise, really enjoying it
11-17-2017, 10:04 AM
I'm pretty sure this was developed by WayForward too, which makes me that much more excited.

Favorite developers: Grumpyface, Michael Brough, Rocketcat, Donut Games, Nitrome, Orange Pixel, Radiangames, Llamasoft (come back!)
11-17-2017, 12:28 PM
How are the controls?
11-17-2017, 12:38 PM
Still enjoying this. Apparently it has 60 odd levels which sounds a lot. Surprised there was no PR for this though. Didnt have a clue it was coming out
11-17-2017, 08:38 PM
Mfi controls

Have support for MFI controls?
11-17-2017, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
I'm pretty sure this was developed by WayForward too, which makes me that much more excited.
Yes, this is a port of Wayforward's Wii reboot. The NES version was designed by David Crane, who created many of the original Atari 2600 Activision games such as Pitfall.