★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ECC GAMES
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 194.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Here it comes! New Tower Dwellers: Royal Defense is huge fun with its original gameplay style, but in the completely new world of the Orient. Arm yourself, fight, and regain your land!

-Build towers, craft new units, and choose new Heroes!
-Defeat an army of various enemies in real time!
-Defend your land battling in different locations and using a bunch of upgrades!
-Fight with swordsmen, archers, mages, and pyrotechnists!
-Play in normal or hard mode, or take up the challenge and beat nightmare mode!
11-22-2017, 12:52 PM
Had no idea this was coming out, loved the original, it did go FTP eventually but that was after a long time.

I shall report back later.

11-22-2017, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecan View Post
Had no idea this was coming out, loved the original, it did go FTP eventually but that was after a long time.

I shall report back later.
Ok, well I've only put a few levels in but on early impressions it seems to be very much just a reskin of the original, even the layout of the tutorial level was (I think) exactly the same.

I am however enjoying it given that I'm a sucker for a TD and enjoyed the first. In fact I enjoyed the first one enough to play it through again when it went free to play, which may be why this is just a step of deja vu too far.

I don't want to put enyone off this, particularly if you've not tried the first one then I would suggest you pick this up asap if you like a good TD (premium, no iap) but if your familiar with it then it may just be a bit too similar.

Having said all that I'm not that far into the game yet so it may introduce many new and interesting additions, who knows.
11-22-2017, 06:10 PM
This does look nice and I too love a good TD game.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
11-23-2017, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
This does look nice and I too love a good TD game.
If you haven't played the first one then I'd be all over it if I were you.
11-23-2017, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecan View Post
If you haven't played the first one then I'd be all over it if I were you.
I didnt realize it right away, but I did play the first one when it was released on IOS. I really enjoyed it and finished it. I do not intend to play the new one if it is pretty much the same game.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
11-23-2017, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
I didnt realize it right away, but I did play the first one when it was released on IOS. I really enjoyed it and finished it. I do not intend to play the new one if it is pretty much the same game.
Nah I wouldn't, even the maps kind of feel the same, and I've started to get mid level crashes which is a pain in the arse when you get them right as you're about to win. Weirdly I think the last one also had the same problems with crashing.