★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Get Paper Football Free!

12-31-2008, 10:18 PM
Get Paper Football Free!

Get the free lite version. I had it and an update showed up named: Paper Football by Jirbo. I went in and said; GET THE GAME FREE! The update contains the full version free. Enjoy. Am I the only one?

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
12-31-2008, 10:22 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Why did they do it this way? They're going to charge for the update after today?

I'm happy I got the $5 game for free, but this is the weirdest thing I've ever come across on the app store.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

12-31-2008, 10:26 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
Why did they do it this way? They're going to charge for the update after today?

I'm happy I got the $5 game for free, but this is the weirdest thing I've ever come across on the app store.
Jirbo has a habit of this. They have a free version- no ads, and all the levels, and a paid version, same app. Kind of strange IMO.
12-31-2008, 10:28 PM
jirbo has been a weird company from the start. Especially when they learned that if they put a space in front of their name they would be the #1 game on the list when the app store opened...

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
01-01-2009, 12:38 AM
Well, the game does suck, bigtime. I'd rather play in real life...
01-01-2009, 12:38 AM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everydaynormalguy View Post
Well, the game does suck, bigtime. I'd rather play in real life...
Yeah, I agree. Nothing like missing and accidentally smacking someone in the face in the middle of class... and then getting busted. Good times.

Plus, I don't think the full game is worth the $5, especially when a piece of paper that it takes to make a real one costs like 2 cents.

Just my thoughts

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
01-01-2009, 12:50 AM
^ And that's not even how you play the game. WTF is that $h!t about pushing the "football" to the edge of the table? Crap app is crap app...