★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Neverending Nightmares is a psychological horror game inspired by the developer's actual battle with mental illness. In the game, you take on the role of Thomas who awakens from a terrible nightmare only to find that he is still dreaming. As he descends deeper through the layers of hellish dreamscapes, he must hide from horrifying apparitions and outrun his inner demons. He must discover which of the horrors he encounters are a manifestation of his own psychological state and figure out what reality will be when he finally wakes up.

* Terrifying nightmare worlds inspired by real life struggles with OCD and depression.
* Black and white artwork creates a distinctive moody and dark atmosphere.
* Branching narrative features 3 completely different endings.
* A dynamic lighting system gives the ever present darkness a character of its own.
* IGF nominated composer Skyler McGlothlin delivers a haunting and oppressive dark ambient score.

metalcasket's comments:

11-28-2017, 04:15 AM
Dont be fooled by the handrawn black and white artwork...this is legitimately one of the darkest games Ive had the (dis)pleasure (in a good way!) of playing in my lifetime. As someone who after a decade still cant completely say theyre OCD-free, Neverending Nightmares hits close to home for me and Im looking forward to seeing how it plays now with me being less obsessive and compulsive as I was when first playing this on PC.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.

11-28-2017, 04:23 AM
wow it's finally out!I recommend this to all horror funs!
11-28-2017, 10:01 AM
Looks tempting. How does it control ? Tap to go somewhere/ look at an item ?
11-28-2017, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Dont be fooled by the handrawn black and white artwork...this is legitimately one of the darkest games Ive had the (dis)pleasure (in a good way!) of playing in my lifetime. As someone who after a decade still cant completely say theyre OCD-free, Neverending Nightmares hits close to home for me and Im looking forward to seeing how it plays now with me being less obsessive and compulsive as I was when first playing this on PC.
If you have ocd, will this help or hurt to play?

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
www.Fatthunder.com
11-28-2017, 11:12 AM
Just bought this (love the app icon)

Tap or drag to set where to move to. Hold both corners to run.

Had a quick go, looks pretty good. Think headphones on later in the dark will be great with this

Last edited by psj3809; 11-28-2017 at 11:22 AM.
11-28-2017, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
If you have ocd, will this help or hurt to play?
I wouldn't say it does either, really. It's not even insight into the ****ed up world of OCD as much as it is just the developer's demons inspiring him.

Also, I think my first post doesn't give the art the credit it deserves. It's been a while since I've played the game and just a few minutes with the iOS version reminded me just how fan-****ing-tastic the art is.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.