★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Alive 4-ever Update 1.2 is out

10-31-2009, 09:43 PM
Alive 4-ever Update 1.2 is out

Meriden is online so they could probably explain more but all I know is Wifi multiplayer mode is in(local).

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com

Last edited by skyye06; 10-31-2009 at 09:46 PM.
11-01-2009, 07:52 PM
In addition to the local Wi-Fi there is also a new icon.
In my opinion it is even worse than the old one. I love this game, and I think it deserves a better icon. An icon with an image of one of the characters (Steve Carter for example) would be much better in my opinion. What are everyone's opinions on the matter?

11-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
In my opinion it is even worse than the old one. I love this game, and I think it deserves a better icon. An icon with an image of one of the characters (Steve Carter for example) would be much better in my opinion. What are everyone's opinions on the matter?
I actually like the new icon, I think it's the best one they've used so far.

When you start the game, you have 3 options: single player, wifi, and bluetooth. I remember there being 3 options before, but if they just added wifi, what was the 3rd option?
11-01-2009, 08:53 PM
I don't mind the new icon, but I seem to remember prefering the older one.

It's a shame it's wireless local. I was so excited to the idea of playing wireless across the net with someone else too!

I have to admit, the game was my first purchase on my iPT, and it's been one of my favourites. I've just got the last level to complete and I'm 'done' other than the survival and horde modes, and I'm really putting it off because I don't want it to end.

Hopefully more missions will be added later. Maybe a random mission generator to go with survival/horde modes, where it picks a scenario (kill x zombies, rescue x survivors, obtain x vaccines), adds a challenge, and bingo. Finishing say 10 of the scenarios could unlock a new gun, and getting 10 challenges could unlock something else.

Playing: Men and Machines, Dink Smallwood, Robotek, Office Rush
11-01-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm glad that local wifi is added, but there's no one for me to play against. :/ Hopefully when I'm in a more popular area I'll be able to find people, I'll definitely check it out.

Playing! MC2: Black Pegasus, Super Mega Worm, Parachute Panic, Fruit Ninja, Sonic 4, Reckless Racing, Samurai II: Vengence
@parkerewan
11-01-2009, 09:00 PM
i'm just glad that they are continuing to update it, it shows that they are very dedicated to their older games.
11-01-2009, 09:50 PM
I love this game Now let's hope for more updates!
11-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
I like the new icon, it seems mroe epic. The old one was okay but I got bored with it. Im prolly gonna get bored with this one too in a few minutes or so...

I dont think there will be anymore updates. All the promised ones have come out by now. Besides they have to earn money but making other games. Im quite satisfied by it tho.